DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We truly do a disservice to this doodle breed when we say we have the perfect dogs and this is the perfect breed. I know this topic is discussed a lot but we truly need to think before we tell an inexperienced dog owner about our dogs. We need to start off with all their bad qualities, how much research we did, how training is for life and so on. Instead a lot of people say we have the perfect dog. That may be true, you may have a dog that suits your family well but do not use the word perfect! This is why so many dogs are dumped and what has kept all those involves with DRC so busy!

http://www.alternet.org/culture/heartbreaking-truth-about-those-cut...

Just think about this the next time someone asks about that puppy that suits your family so well!

Views: 2347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PS...the problem here: we're all preaching to the choir! ;)

You never know. Maybe a few of those people who are doing their "research" on doodle websites will stumble across this discussion. We can only hope. :) 

:)

Very true Ro!

Share on FB -- on your page and the doodle pages ;-)

It's on the DRC FB page; unfortunately, the people on FB are not as smart as the people here on DK, lol.

They seem to have failed reading comprehension. 

Also the people on Facebook are probably to blame, lol!

Hey, I get all kinds of readable recipes from Facebook!

LOL!

Exactly, we all know this....the discussion should be on Facebook!

I would be willing to bet that if you go to any other breed forum, you will not see anywhere near the number of posts by people who are absolutely dumbfounded by the fact that their puppies jump, nip, steal socks, cry at night, and act nuts at least once a day. Because nobody is telling people that Schnauzers or Irish setters or Yorkshire terriers or whatever are the equivalent of living stuffed animals or that the puppies are "calm", easy to train, or "perfect". 

100% agree!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service