DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Yesterday, when the carpet cleaners were here for about the 100th time, they gave me some bad news.  Apparently when I was cleaning up from a couple recent episodes of sick Doodle tummies, I "over soaked" the carpet with cleaner, and it seeped into the pad.  When you do that, apparently the stain will disappear initially, but if it's worked into the pad, it resurfaces.  So, they were able to clean the carpet and now it looks fine, but he assured me those stains will "be back".  So, I need to replace the carpet.  I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for types of carpet that seem to stand up well with Doodles.  My guys are housebroken, but every few weeks one of them seems to have an upset stomach, and I'm dealing with spit up or diarrhea (or both).  I want something that will clean up well and is also durable.  I'm figuring will all of us who have Doodles with stomach issues, someone has probably found a carpet that can withstand these "clean ups".  Thanks everyone!

I guess I now need to add carpet to the list of things we didn't plan on when we got our Doodles....oh well, they are so worth it!  At least now I know white berber is a really bad choice!

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want to know about the green machine also.
We recently got smartstrand on the stairs and hardwood in the rest of the house. I love the look and feel of smartstrand.
We have the small Bissell Green Machine (not sure of model number), and we use the Bissell cleaning solution in it.  DH said that he noticed a small leak in the hose when we used it a couple days ago.  There is a newer, better model out now that he wants to get.  We could just get a new hose, but I think DH has his eye on this more "advanced" model.  Since he's the one usually using it, I'm guessing we'll be ordering one.  The best price he found was through Amazon.
Thanks, Jane.  I have been wanting to get a carpet cleaner for a while now but don't want to get the 'wrong' one.
I got the Bissell Spot Bot Pet for Christmas - I think it is the next generation of the Green Machine.  It has a rotating brush on the bottom and you can just set it on the spot and it does the work.  It also has the regular hose attachment for "trailing messes."
Thanks BruceGirl.  Will you tell me what you think once you use it?  I went on Amazon as soon as Jane told me but realized that there were model choices I wasn't aware of.
Oh I used it!  Right after I opened it on Christmas Day, Gavin threw up on the carpet.  I did not use the automatic spot setting because DH tried to hustle Gav over to the tile during the barf, resulting in a long narrow line of barf (sorry for the graphic).  Anyways, the manual cleaning with the hose worked great!  He got it a Walmart and said that was the cheapest price he found.  We are in Canada though.
This will be a priority on my next appliance buy list.
Yes, that's the one DH wants to get next....he's using the broken hose as his support.
Guinness just wanted you to know that you chose the right carpet. I am sure the first words out of your mouth when you saw the mess were, "Thank you, Guinness. You are a big help!" or something along that line. LOL. I guess what they say is true...S#$%T happens and usually in the middle of the night!  Poor Guinness...he makes up for it by being so darn cute!
Looks like a year old topic but wondering if you are pleased with your Smartstrand carpet?    I picked up samples yesterday.    So many choices so wanted to get something that will clean up well to two dogs, two kids and two adults!  
Yes, I absolutely love it.  It is so easy to clean and really doesn't stain.  I would highly recommend it.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service