DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I was posting a comment on an adorable picture of Albus, and I was about to ask Caitlin what made her pick that name. I love it.. So if you don't mind sharing.. I would love to know, Our family is going to be welcoming another puppy soon, but my mom is getting to be raising her mainly so she is picking the name.

I picked Jack Daniels for three reasons,

1. Someone I loved very, very, dearly, died after his lung transplant and his dogs name was Jack

2 Little House on the Prairie is my all time favorite show and the dogs name on there was Jack, before bandit came along

3. Jack Johnson is one of my favorite artist

And well Daniels is my mom's maiden name and since I can't give her grandchildren, I figured I would name Jack after her.

So what made you pick your dogs name?

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rosey just came to me after we picked her up.  She was red, sweet and made me really happy!  It just fit!   As for Bandit it took a little longer...  we went thru a few, Ranger was one that I remember.  But Bandit came to me and it really did just fit, and he is true to his name, stealin hearts everywhere he goes!!
My mom goes back and fourth with Molly Rose or Just Rosie.... Who knows what we will end up with.

Ut oh, I should have researched first to see if this was brought up already... so annoying when I do that.. I am sorry.. I have never watched or read Harry Potter but your Albus is way cuter then that one.... I love the name..I like original names in spite of the fact that Jacks is pretty common,

Thanks I am trying to be sensitive and follow the common sense guidelines, I just went and read the previous ones but it looks like it has been a while since this was done so we can have fun, I love hearing people's stories, I am not a huge reader do you think the HP Movies will do justice to the story?
I will order it on Netflix now, THanks!!!
We almost named Dooley Harry as in Harry Potter. We are HUGE HP fans (books and movies), but we wound up going with Dooley after another character in the Jan Karon Mitford series. He is officially Dooley Barlow. I think my kids ultimately picked Dooley cause I told them if we named him Harry we'd have to talk to him with an English accent. That or they thought Dooley the Doodle was more fitting!
Lovie was name after Lovie Smith, the Chicago Bears football coach. I wanted a dog who loved everyone and everyone loved my dog, hence Lovie. I knew the men in our family would say no way to a dog named Lovie, but yes to Lovie Smith. Our golden doodle who is coming home June 18 will be named, Curly for Curly Lambeau. We live in Wisconsin, what's better than a bear and a packer living together. I just pray they get along.

Murphy was just a fun name that I liked the sound of and for Bella, I wanted something that was totally opposite sounding from Murphy or Marley, our daughters dog. So when I called them they knew who I meant. Plus Bella is a pretty name. No real meanings, just what I liked the sound of.

We named Kona because he is black and we love Hawaii. He's named after the black lava at Kona, Hawaii. We chose the name Owen because my granddaughter (4) was asking her aunt (my daughter) to tell her stories about the cat she had years ago. Jennie would tell a story, and Maddie would say, "Tell me another story about Owen!" Jennie replied, "The cat's name was Bosco but he used to...." This went on for the hour drive from Maddie's house to mine. When we got the puppy a short time later, we decided it had to be Owen. When we told Maddie why we named him Owen, she looked at the puppy and said, "Hi Bosco!" Maddie makes us laugh a lot! My daughter's last dog was named Earle. She always chooses unusual human names for her dogs. Owen is technically her dog. She lives with us because she suffers with chronic daily migraines and is in bed most every day. When Earle died not only were all of us heartbroken so was Kona. I have never known a dog to be so depressed. It took us a month but we had to get a second doodle.
Indy is named after Indiana Jones. It suits him better than I even thought it would, he is quite the little squashbuckler!
I picked Beaux because I have always loved the name Bo for a dog.  Given that I am a huge LSU Tiger fan and Saints fan the spelling derived from our beloved southern spelling of Go - such as in Geaux Tigers!!  Thus, Bo = Beaux ;)   Geaux Beaux.
I think your story is so Southern.  Love it.  We are Oklahomans and yes,  I love LSU too!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service