DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So we've all done it ... toiled over what name we will give our new puppy/dog. Names come from everywhere. I know a Peat, a Guiness, a Breslin, a Stout ... all unique names given for a reason. I've even seen Leroy "Gibbs" on Doodle Kisses! So here's the discussion ... let us know what your doodle's name is and why you chose it.

Views: 1308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a sweet story and no wonder Ragley is special.  I also lost my mother to cancer so i know the hurt .. I believe that pets like everything else come to us at just the right time !  (((hugs))) 

Beautiful story and wonderful tribute to both your parents.  

Stephanie ... certainly a great tribute to your dad and your mom as well. Ragley, LOVE it!

What a sweet tribute to your dad, and so meaningful to your whole family.  You sound like you have a wonderful family and will create many new memories on your new street with Ragley.

His litter name was Texas Star and he was selected to be part of a service dog breeding program.  It was changed to Taz when he went to live with one of the breeder's trainers.  The trainer wanted to keep him as her own, but due to pre-planned vacations, it was decided that it would be best to let him go to a guardian home so he wouldn't feel abandoned.  We were lucky enough to come into the picture when our precious boy needed a home.  At 4 months, his name was changed to Traz.  We weren't crazy about "Taz" because he would be associated with the Tasmanian Devil cartoon.  So, we put the "r" in there to keep it similar, yet different.  And now you know "the rest of the story"!  And we LOVE, LOVE our Traz :-)  

Traz is a great name ... unique so when you call you don't have 5 dogs looking at you! LOVE it!

Great name. I agree with your thoughts on Taz, so the name change was a perfect alteration.

Bear received his name because the day I brought him home for the first time my neighbor mistook him for a bear cub.  "There is a bear in the woods!" It stuck.  He's my sweet cuddly Bear Bear.  Now that Bear is getting a baby sister (in 4 long weeks!)  I've been racking my brain for names.  So far I like Bailey, Callie, and Rylee but the current favorite is Polar due to her white color.  I'll have a black Bear and a white Polar bear.  

Another name for the polar bear is, Nanook  Just a thought.  :)

Cute! I like that name...

Bear is a fabulous name! I think it is so funny that your neighbor thought there was a bear in the woods ... I guess there really was! Love the idea of Polar for your new baby ... and you're right, 4 weeks is sooo long to wait.

The funny thing is we now live in Florida surrounded by black bear.  Whenever I talk about the bear getting into the trash people ask "A real bear or the dog?" Or "There is bear poop in the yard." "A real bear or dog poop?" It gets confusing sometimes lol

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service