DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Scarlet is just a pup and not even home for a week yet. The past few nights she has been getting up every 1 1/2 hrs or so and usually goes pee and poo both. Yesterday I stopped all food and water around 6 pm and she still went pee almost every hour or so during the night??? I usually try to go to bed around 11 ?? Please advise what has worked for you and your pup. I'm really tired :)  She has been eating about 6 am, noon, and 6 pm. She has a small bowl of water with each meal and I don't give her anymore after she finishes that. Would love some help!!

Views: 656

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But did your son have diabetes?

No :)   And I am sure the dr. wrote in his notes, " This mother is nuts"

I'm glad you do participate.

Oh dear, THAT is a story that was gross, yet amusing, and had a good outcome for the ending !! LOL

Actually Joanne, I was thinking TMI as I was reading this. But now I need to know if your son had diabetes or just really tasty urine? Although you wouldn't know the later I'm sure.

Sorry, see your post now, no diabetes.

thanks for all the words of wisdom......now I am really confused - lol. To take the water or not take the water. I totally understand where you are coming from Joanne. I see how much Scarlet pees now- hate to see if I didn't take her water. If I could get her in her crate at night that would help me resolve this as I would not leave her water in her crate. I will discuss all this with her vet tomorrow and update everyone. In the meantime, I have had a fun evening of collecting poo samples. :)   Never a dull moment 

No, fortunately not.

Dogs need what they need. Lots is relative.  I think I notice Boca drink about 2x a day.  She's a camel.  But I guess I don't have a problem with not refilling the water after a certain time because I don't get up at night to drink and the dogs can't get to their water at night to drink anyway.  They sleep in our room, doors closed.  Yeah, every great now and then I might get thirsty in the middle of the night, but that's not normal and they sleep pretty soundly...I doubt they'd wander around to get water.  Another reason I don't have a problem with it is that neither dog drinks a drop until after their first meal at 11am.  So I don't have much evidence that they are parched by morning.  I would expect their water bowl to be empty by their first meal if they were indeed thirsty from having their water restricted in the late evening. 

But the ends of the spectrum are different. Your dogs may not need water I always have water on my night table and often have a sip at night. Puppies needs are different than grown dogs too. So whether they actually need water it pains me to think they might be thirsty. And puppies who are very young could get a bit dehydrated I think. My dogs are in the bedroom too but they have upstairs and downstairs water. In warm weather they have porch water too : )

I don't 'take it up' but I don't refill it once it's gone after a certain time.  However, if I see either dog passing by their water bowl repeatedly or asking to go outside more than usual in the evening (they have a water bucket outside too) then I'll refill their indoor bowl.  I'm not heartless.

I certainly would never think that : )

Clearly the peeing does not have to do with access to water. I haven't read all of your last discussion but she has been checked for a urinary tract infection? If not she should be. Medically I am against depriving a pup of water, though many people do.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service