DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

The person that USED TO PROVIDE MY CHILDCARE lost her job this afternoon.  This family adopted a two year old Min Pin named Dexter a little over a month ago.  One of their other dogs marked in the house and even marked the couch.  When they brought Dexter home he of course wanted to mark, which they considered him not being housebroke.  So instead of taking the time to train him they put him outside to live.  I found out about this two weeks ago when my DD started going there.  Since then I have asked a couple of friends about giving him a home.  Well this afternoon when I went to pick DD up Dexter wanted to go inside.  This person put her foot out to block him and Dexter peed out of fear.  She started yelling, cussing and proceeded to kick this little guy right in front of me.  The words that came out of my mouth are not even fit to share.  I told her I knew someone that would give him a home and took the little guy with me.  Now Dexter is safe in a crate while I'm waiting to hear from the Min Pin Rescue.  My DD doesn't understand and I'm not in the right frame of mind to explain it.

Thanks for listening.

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Min Pins can be pretty feisty. How is Dexter getting along with the home dogs?

Dexter is very nervous, whined for 2.5 hrs last night.  I moved his kennel next to the yorkies and he settled down within 20 mins.  The yorkies have been very tolerant with him and he is feisty.  Luckily Dexter is small and a kid play pen works.  I've been working on increasing our fenced yard and trying to avoid pounding anymore fence post than necessary.  I haven't heard back from the Min Pin rescue.  The Humane Society will take him back, but with all he's been through hopefully one of the rescues can find a spot for him.

Tina - thanks for helping this poor little dog.  I'm afraid I would have kicked her myself and I would have hoped to have on steel toed boots.
Wow is all I can think of to say!  That and Thank you Tina for everything you do!
Tina, you rock! Ditto to what everybody else said.
Oh Tina, that must have been a very horrible thing to see. You did the right thing by taking that poor dog out of the situation. I would of done the exact same thing. No animal deserves to be treated like that. I would report her to the local authorities - sorry but animals need our protection. Obviously she is not the type of person that should have pets no less watch children. She has anger issues and I would not let my child any where near her. I feel for her losing her job in these difficult time but that in no way justifies her taking her fustration out on a poor innocent dog. The poor thing probably peed because its been beaten so much and kicked its terrified of her. I'm getting too upset - sorry, I hate people who abuse animals. Your dogs and the poor dog you rescued are VERY lucky to have you, the world needs more people like you !!! Please keeps us posted.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service