DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Was just wondering at what age your doodles got to their full size? Parker is 8 months now and at about 51lbs but he doesn't seem to be changing much anymore or it is VERY slow! He is a standard poodle and golden retriever so I was expecting him to end up bigger than 51lbs. Out of curiosity what are the average size on DK for the standard F1's and when did they reach their adult size?

Views: 2885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cooper slowed growing around 9 months then had a huge growth spurt a few months later. Her weight settled out at around 1 1/2 years, maybe a little older
Oh okay, so he's probably got a little more growing to do! How much does Cooper weigh now?
Cooper weighs 60lbs, she weighed 45 -50 lbs for a long time, which is what we expected her to be based on her parents sized (shes a Australian labradoodle, F5), she grew taller and longer!

There's a huge variation of sizes in F1 standards. It's pretty much like adult humans. We have lots of dogs over 90 lbs here, several over 100. Then there are lots in the 50-60 lb range.

Jackdoodle is an F1 standard, and his weight hovers around 80 lbs.

Yah i assumed there would be varying sizes but seeing Parker's parents, I would think he would end up bigger than 51lbs...his dad was a large, red standard poodle and his mom was a large golden retriever. But I guess at 8 months, he still has some growing to do, it is just slower than it had been!

They still continue to gain muscle mass after their skeletal growth is finished. So even if he's done growing in terms of height, he will still gain weight.

The average weight for well-bred standard poodles is 55 lbs. You can't really judge weight by height.

My Cooper was 88lbs at nine months old.  He is now over two and weighs 92lbs, so I would say he was full grown at 10 months.
Charlie did not grow any more since she ws about 8 months old. She is a standard female, and she weigh only 42lb.
Lexi was 37 lbs at 2 yrs old, she is 3 now and has stayed around the same weight.  Billabong is 22 months old and still filling out,  he is 73lbs and it looks like he has some more growing in him. Both Lexi and Billy are F-1 Goldendoodles, but they are both rescues and we never met their parents,

I got Camus when he was ~ 12 months, 60 lbs. and I thought he was full grown.  Surprise -- he grew about an inch to an inch and 1/2 and gained 15 lbs. in the first three months, now he is 83 lbs but we are working on his figure.

wow! Camus grew a lot after turning one!
I got Camus when he was ~ 12 months, 60 lbs. and I thought he was full grown.  Surprise -- he grew about an inch to an inch and 1/2 and gained 15 lbs. in the first three months, now he is 83 lbs but we are working on his figure.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service