DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We'd love to have Banjo up on our bed but he wants nothing to do with that, preferring the hard wood floor and sometimes  the chair nearby.  Not much space to stretch out in the chair though....so maybe that's why he spends most of the night on the floor.

So, feeling sorry for him....just the sound of those bones hitting the wood floor every time he repositioned himself during the night was enough to make me feel sorry for him.....I went out and found a nice big, plump, soft bed that he could really stretch out on.  I placed it on the floor right next to the chair, in the spot he typically slept on.

Well, it seems that it is the floor he prefers after all......THIS is where he spends most of the night.

In the little triangle of space BETWEEN the chair and his bed!

He does use his bed during the day when I'm showering or tidying up the bedroom.   Silly dog!

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shelby splits her time between my bed.... bottom 1/3 stretched out just like Quincy (I can relate Donna), the ceramic tile floor in my master bathroom, under the bed (a new development) and on her dog bed which looks similar to Banjo's that is on the floor right by my bed.   Just depends on her mood I guess.  

Sadie slept in her crate until she was about 5 months; now she has free reign in the bedroom. She almost always goes to bed before me and starts out on my bed, but as soon as I get in bed she's on the floor. Usually she sleeps with her back stretched out along the foot of the bed. She jumps up on the bed and snuggles with me in the morning until she's too impatient to wait for me to wake up--then she starts beating me about the head and shoulders until I get out of bed.

Does anyone's doodle insist on "digging" in the carpeting before lying down at night? I think I read on here somewhere that it's an evolutionary behavior meant to get rid of snakes--whatever it is, it's loud and annoying and probably not very good for my carpeting!

Murphy and Wilson both sleep in the bed with me.  Murphy at my feet if DH is in bed, if not Murph sleeps in Dh's spot.  Wilson doesn't have a "spot" yet.......just as close to me as possible.  He has for weeks been trying to claim his "spot" above my head on the pillow but I am just not having it...he is getting too big to sleep wrapped around my head and did I mention...he FARTS!!!!!

LOL, having a visual of you trying to sleep with a farting doodle on your head.

Meggie starts off laying in bed with us and then depending on the day - anywhere between 15 min to a couple hours of laying on the bed, she jumps off and goes and sleeps under the bed.  Sometime early morning she will sometimes get up and decide to come back to bed but mostly stays under the bed until' I get up. 

We are a guardian family for Meggie and when she went back to the breeders to have her first litter she was staying in one of the bedrooms (had her box and heatlamp and puppies), they came to check on Meggie and her puppies and they were gone!!  She had taken each one of them and crawled under the bed with them (awh).  They had to put blankets and pillows to block her from going under the bed, ha

That is sweet.... taking them to her safe space!

Lola is a bit of a wanderer.  Starts off on my bed - usually putting herself to bed before I do....at some point sometimes sooner than later, she will jump off and go to her bed on the floor.  However, whenever I get up to go to the bathroom, she asks to come up on the bed.  At night, she never goes up without being invited (it's weird because I didn't teach her that).  Usually she waits for me to wake up but sometimes she will just do this little whine until I hear it.  A few times the noise has gotten incorporated into a dream until I remember I have a dog in the room.  She stays at the foot of the bed until near wake up time when she comes up close enough for a pet but never gets into my space (Lola is one of the non-cuddlers!).  If I stay in bed longer than she wants she just goes an hangs in the living room.....she's a very easy/respectful roommate!

LOL at her whines being incorporated into your dreams......a couple of times I would be dreaming that Banjo was growling at me (which he's never done) and in the dream I'm so confused and concerned..."why is he doing this"?....only to start to awaken and realize it's my snoring DH!

Peri starts out in our bed while we get ready. As soon as we come near, she jumps onto her bed. It's oversized and wonderful - one of those round donut ones from costco. She stays on it until the sun comes up and we invite her up on our bed.  She WILL NOT stay on our bed all night - even if one of us is out of town. She is usually 4-paws in the air when she sleeps in her bed. The life of a doodle.

Lucy is only 14 weeks so she still sleeps in her crate.   We haul the crate upstairs into our daughters room every night.    I am looking forward to the day when she doesn't need to sleep in the crate. 

Parker is definitely a bed sleeper! Though mostly when daddy isn't home! Throughout the night he is on and off the bed so he does have his own little blankie on the floor as well.

Cute Parker! IS THAT A GATOR???? LOL!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service