DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

First off I want to start off by saying that I have been a member of DoodleKisses for less than a week and I love it! I have found my heart dog in Griffin and it's nice to come to a site to share stories and pictures with other doodle lovers. I wanted to post this, not to be a negative nancy but to see if any other doodle lovers have run into the problem that I have. About 3 months ago I was looking up dog decorations online to put in the apartment. You know like "A house is not a home without dog" stuff like that. Anyways, I wanted to get a few goldendoodle type decor when I came across a hate filled forum with the meanest things posted about Goldendoodles. People saying things like if you own a goldendoodle you are stupid and cruel to own such a "mutt". That to be careful of Goldendoodles or any other new crossbreeds of dogs because you don't know when they will attack. I mean it just went on and on. I couldn't get over how mean everyone was. I was so angry to think anyone could call themselves a dog lover and speak of any dog in such a way. These people were mainly Golden Retriever owners. I've grew up around all sorts of dogs, including pure goldens along with mixed breeds. Never could I ever post something so mean about a certain type of dog. The post that these people were writing were discourgeing people from adoting a doodle of any type. So sad. My main questions is that I can understand why people would post something like this. Also, if anyone has run into someone with such hate about doodles, because I feel like if I ran into run of those writers in the street they would act the same way as they did on the forum. At least I found doodlekisses, I can tell already that everyone is so kind :)

Views: 696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I get flack for not getting a rescue dog. Now if I had gotten a rescue golden doodle all would be forgiven.

Well we here in Florida seem to love these dogs. No matter where we take Oliver people stop us nd ask the same questions over and over, u know them all. I have never met one of these doodle haters, but I am sure they exist all over, but thank goodness I have never met one...I prob. would have to say something not nice in their face, lol...Nah it isn't worth your time to answer these stupid people...I just had the plate cover added to my license plate that says I love Goldendoodles...Doodle Mom , and very proud to be one...

10,000 DK members say they're wrong ... so welcome to DK where people actually know something about these great dogs :) 

Can't understand how anyone can be so hateful!! All dogs are wonderful and special in their own way but doodles just the best!!!! I have to say my doodle Riley is so sweet and one of the smartest dogs I have had. How can anyone say anything negative about these beautiful sweet dogs??? Doodles truly are joy!!!!

Sorry it took so long to reply ! I've been super busy at work ! Thank you everyone for the love ! <3 <3

I have heard of people saying comments like that about my dog and it was very annoying to me. Particularly, my mom's friend (a golden retriever owner) scoffed and asked why I would spend so much on a mutt. The only comments like that came from people who haven't met my dog. Family members and friends who have met her pay no mind to the price of her, they are just amazed at how smart and well-mannered she is. We have been working on letting her get riled up and then telling her to sit. I have heard several people say "wow, my dog would never just calm down like that." I think some people are just hateful. If they find something that other people hate they will just join in on the hate party. 

Oh yeah, we have all run into them.  We were at obedience classes and there were two beautiful Australian shepherds there.  I had my youngest ALD (Australian Labradoodle) and told the ladies who had the shepherds that I wanted to get a Aussiedoodle.  They said "Why would anyone want to do something like that?" meaning to mix an Australian shepherd with a poodle.  We all love our mutts and what does it matter if they are pure bred or not.   They mix everything with poodles these days.  Try not to be so thin skinned.

Another favorite story of mine, since you are a newbie at DK.  When I first got Hondo, everyone was always asking what kind of dog he was.  We also had a brown standard poodle and one day when I was walking them out at Ft. Ord, I met a man walking with his daughter.  He asked the usual, "What kind of a dog is that?" and I responded, "Well, we just loved the poodle so much, we decided to have him cloned.  It didn't turn out so well, but we love him anyway."  The man just shook his head and walked away.  A while later the stuff came out about cloning dogs and I wonder if he ever thought of us when he started reading about that. 

I've never encountered this personally but there are stupid people everywhere and the anonymity the internet affords those people just magnifies their stupidity. My favorite saying 'Never argue with stupid people, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience'. :>) We love our doodles and that's all that really matters.

Love the replies here - this is why I show up - oh my.   Mostly we have encountered friendly folks, but I have had one or two who felt a need to bad mouth Poodles and they saw the mix as an improvement.  Our area has a number of Doodles, mostly we are asked "Lab or Golden?", but she is black and looks Poodly - most ask 'Poodle and what?"    Some go so far as to lambast the cost (sez who), others are all about the rescue, and of course the list goes on.   
The judgemental group is really missing out - it's a weird thing our society has crept into being.

People will, to my face, comment on black dogs... comment on short haircut.... etc....  To my face I have been told that it was so kind of me to rescue my dog - I did not correct - but I do tell everyone that rescue is in the eye of the beholder. They are all saving me!   I am as thin skinned as they come, but I can put on armor and tackle an idiot when I feel a need.   

The woman with the forty pound bag of garbage labeled dog food was a really good example - her comment was that people who breed dogs should be neutered and chained out....  

I had a 'big' Yorkie for years, people were always snide about it (in her defense she was direct from the only one of her breed to win at Westminster and at nine lbs would have made a fine ratter).  I got so sick and tired of people telling me how big she was.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned only those who think my dogs are fabulous deserve any attention or response at all.

And here is my favorite of late -
"Stupid ought to hurt"

We've not had Yogi long enough to have experienced any snide remarks yet. But I feel a little defensive every time someone asks me what type of dog Yogi is. I'm always afraid since hearing about the mean people that once I answer they are going to say something not nice.

I feel proud and defensive at the same time! I am always ready for the "how much did you pay for her?" question.

I actually have never had anyone say anything bad about Bella.  Most just ask what she is or oooh and awww over how adorable she is.  I did stumble upon some ugly comments just in the last week when looking for grooming tips.  I was shocked that people felt that way.  I just read a couple and then got off the page. 

My favorite stupid quote

Life is hard;  it's harder if you're stupid!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service