DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am currently thinking of getting a labradoodle or goldendoodle puppy in July. Any thoughts on which one I should get? Currently I am the owner of a 2 1/2 year old cockapoo. 

Thanks! 

Views: 473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Rosemary.

Hey Mike, I have to ask. How did you break the digging habit? Our GD LOVES to dig, particularly if she picks up a scent. Thanks!

Mike,

Thank you so much for your very detailed reply! I really valuse hearing what everyone has to say! 

I love goldens and labs.  Had a lazy, smart lab.  Had an endless energy golden that besides that was fabulous.  I personally strayed away from the American Golden due to high cancer rates.  I have an English Golden from across the pond (mixed with poodle of course)  The English golden purports to be lower energy than the overbred American breed.  In my case it seems to be true, but as others said same kids from the same parents, different kids.  I'm sure you will be happy with either. 

I went through the same decision making process when I was researching our first doodle, now 5 1/2 years ago. I had just found Doodlekisses and read everything we had at the time about either type of doodle and became educated in regards to the F1- F1B, F2....etc and etc. The differences were mostly in the body type, hair/shedding tendencies and the PRICE!
It was pretty much a deal breaker for me when I found that a good reputable Labradoodle breeder was asking over $2000 for a Labradoodle and a just as good, reputable Goldendoodle breeder was asking $1200-$1400.00 I could never see any significant differences to warrant the extra money. Im sure there are reasons, that a breeder can justify, and I'm not saying they arent worth every penny. But I was not convinced I needed that expensive a dog given the rather insignificant differences. I agree with the posts: You will be happy with whichever one you get and the time and opportunity for a perfect puppy may end up making the decision for you. Good luck.

Thanks for the info! 

So basically no matter what I choose I will have a cute dog I love :)

Thank you all so much for your input! It was interesting to hear some goldens were priced less than labs. I will have to keep my eye on the price difference. 

Good luck with your search for your new furkid! Keep us posted and pics....we NEED to see pics

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service