DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Since I have been a member on DK, I have learned so much useful information and a lot about members’ dogs.  I know about the illnesses that afflict some DK doodles.  I know which dogs are picky eaters and which ones have poop issues or behavior problems.  But it dawned on me, that with a few exceptions, I don’t really know much about the humans of DK.    Many of us recently stepped out of our comfort zones to post pictures of ourselves on our profiles, but there is no lasting record of that.  I know that DK members are compassionate people that are truly invested in the lives of their doodles, but what makes you tic?  Who are you when you have to step away from DK and enter the real world (the horror!!)?  So I challenge you to give us a little info about the person behind the dog. 

I’ll go first.

Name: Amy

Generation: Millennial   (http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/05/living/infographic.boomer/in...)

Birth Order: Oldest of 3 kids – the only girl

Family: Husband, no kids

Education: Purdue and DePaul

Occupation: CPA – I work as a tax analyst for a Steel Mill.  I hope to work as a Business Officer for a Public School in the near future; I want to feel like my job actually matters.

Biggest Fear:  I have a phobia of grasshoppers.  Yes, I know they don’t bite or anything but they just really freak me out.  They blend into their surroundings and when you least expect it they jump/fly around…yuck

General: super organized, sometimes impatient, a planner – not a spur of the moment type of person, shy – I much prefer to sit back and take it all in rather than be the center of attention, obsessed with details, cautious (I was going to list the craziest thing I had ever done, but then I couldn’t come up with anything so I had to leave it out!), and incredibly sarcastic – but I swear, I am NOT as boring as I sound!!

If I could have any pet (that isn’t a doodle), I would love to have:  A big fat penguin – one of those cute cartoony looking ones. 

Addiction: A new yogurt place recently opened here (called Red Mango).  You go in and fill up a cup with as much or as little yogurt/soft serve ice cream as you want and then you can top it with all kinds of great toppings (candy, cookies, fruit, choc syrup, etc).  I have become an addict, especially now that it has gotten warm outside.  I go there at least once a week, and I’m sure it will get worse before it gets better. 

Random Useless Fact About Me: I have eaten oatmeal almost every weekday morning since October 2009

Guilty Pleasure TV Show: Sister Wives -- I have no idea how I got started watching it, but now I am hooked.

Views: 3324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol...maybe I just liked his accent.

This has been a fun discussion to read, Amy!! My life is an open book on DK, but I have enjoyed reading all the comments.  I do eat Oatmeal every single day. LOL I might not have blogged about that fact YET!

Laurie, you were one of the "few exceptions" that I mentioned in my original post  :)

I figured :) LOL

Name: Cyndi

Location: Have lived in Lawrenceville, GA (outside Atlanta) for 25 years (since I got married).  Before that, I started out in Murray, KY, then Houston, TX, then San Antonio, TX.  

Generation: Boomer

Birth Order: Oldest of 2 (my brother is an entire other story)

Family: Husband, one son, two step-daughters

Occupation: Vice-President for a large Third Party Administrator

Biggest Fear:  Birds.  Anything with feathers drives me crazy and will send me running for cover.  When we're in Hawaii, I'm the one that eats breakfast indoors because I have to get away from the birds.  

General: Married to a great man (a second marriage for both of us).  I'm a very Type A person and he's very laid back. He takes my intenseness with a grain of salt, it's a perfect mix for both of us.  He's wonderful with our two doodles. The boys (and we're thinking of adding a girl) keep us busy now that our son is in college. My job is stressful (husband took early retirement several years ago) and being with the boys relaxes me as few things will. 

If I could have any pet (that isn’t a doodle), I would love to have:  Although I can't imagine a more perfect dog for us than doodles, Cavashons are really, really cute

Addiction: Pizza.  It is my comfort food and always reminds me of college.  Maybe I think it because it makes me feel like I'm younger and still in college :)

Random Useless Fact About Me:   If I could draw a straight line with a ruler, I would have loved to be an architect

Guilty Pleasure TV Show:  Sons of Anarchy and Walking Dead.  I know, a weird mix.  Walking isn't about the zombies (I have to record and watch during the day), it's how one's humanity struggles to survive when the world you know ceases to exist. 

Cyndi another person scared of birds! I believe we have Ornithophobia. Got to ask do the birds seem to know you fear them? I have gotten pooped on through a sunroof, attacked while eating out doors in Barbados and my office window has been charged by at least 3 birds since we moved to our house. It s like they KNOW I am freaked out by them!

I think they can sense it and have a wicked sense of humor.  I've had a bird fly down a chimney and run into me, a bird get his little parakeet feet tangled in my hair (when I was very young) and been chased by a rooster.  As far as I'm concerned, those were messages and I listened.  I don't like heights but would climb to the top of my 2 story house on an unsteady ladder before I got within 100 ft. of a bird.  Like you, completely freaked out by them.   

I've been enjoying getting to know everyone!

Name: Jane

Generation: Late Boomer - 1959

Birth Order: My brother is one year older, he's in Dallas but comes to NYC on business often and we get together!

Family: Married to my husband Tom for 31 years, have a daughter Kate, 24 years old who is a high school teacher

Education: Degree in Computer Science

Occupation: Worked for Prudential for 20 years. Project Manager for deploying computer hardware/software upgrades to field offices across the country. Left because the work days grew too long and my time with Katie was growing too short!!

Biggest Fear:  clostraphobic, i dont even like to close the bathroom door, although I know sometimes I must! High bridges, creepy clowns

General: Organized and neat probably to a fault, for instance my clothes in my closet are in color order, grouped together by type (I may have said too much here) I dislike clutter and feel really good when I get rid of "stuff" and I even think twice now when I see something great that I have to have! Although sometime ya still have to have it! I like to garden, love warm weather, can't sit still, I like the beach and swimming and exercising . I like to find new places to bring Jack. My parents live nearby and I often drag them out  bring them walking with Jack and me! My daughter is terrific and we have fun together and my husband and I do so much together too. I love seeing family and friends, too, but I'm really happy just hanging out in the backyard.

If I could have any pet (that isn’t a doodle), I would love to have:  I'm kinda stuck on the doodles, or maybe a doodle like mix.

Addiction:  ice cream, ice cream oh and hot fudge, and I eat a sliced apple with peanut butter just about every day!

Janie, my closet is grouped by shirt type (long sleeve, short sleeve, etc) but not by color.  I only keep 2 season's worth of clothing in my closet at one time (it is too small to hold both summer and winter clothes) so each time I switch my clothes around I hang all the hangers backward and then hang them the right way once they have been worn and washed.  Anything that is still hanging backward at the end of the season automatically gets donated to goodwill.  

I <3 you Amy!!

Amy...a girl after my own heart. I rotate my clothes and group by shirt type too. Actually in the process of doing that now. I LOVE the idea of the backward hangers. I donate after 2 seasons but reality should be 1. But I always think if I wore it even once...hmmm, hard to give up. YET we always still buy more throughout the year and never wear the old....lol.

donating things every season gives me more space in my closet to buy new clothes  :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service