DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi there, I am new here so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place. Hamilton is 10 weeks old today and we are wondering if he will look more like a doodle than retriever as he gets older. His mom is an F1B apricot doodle and his dad is purebred golden retriever. His hair is definitely changing, especially around his back legs. I'm including one picture of him when he was 6 weeks as well.  Regardless of what he does look like, we absolutely adore him. Just curious what you guys think!

Views: 1156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the first picture I can definitely see the chrysanthemum thing happening, with the fur on his face fanning out from a central point between his eyes and nose.  I can also see the start of doodly eyebrows.  So he may very well doodle out in the end, but either way, he is beautiful.

Here is Skadi at 3 months when we took over her care from our kids ... and then one recent...they are such "lovebugs" Enjoy

Here are two pics of a puppy I raised that looked similar to yours at 8 weeks (although his ears were a bit curlier)---and then totally doodled out! I do not knwo what yours will do, but it shows you that you never know! Hamilton is so cute--congrats!

OH my goodness he is sooo cute! We would be so lucky if Hamilton looks like this guy! We noticed his tail is starting to curl up too a little bit so we shall see! :) Thanks for sharing! 

He is adorable. regardless of what happens to his coat.  My doodle was doodled out at 8 weeks, and it was clear very early that he would have a coat much like a poodle.

Thank you so much! :) Your doodle is adorable!

Updated photo from the weekend! 

11 Weeks old, first road trip back home to Cleveland! 

Thank you! I am hoping he doodles out for sure! Not looking like it but you never know :) 

Hamilton at 15 weeks taken this morning :) 

Hi! I think Hamilton is so handsome! He reminds me a little of my Nala with his coloring and eyes. Would love to keep in touch. Is he a standard? Nala is a mini F1b. Christine

Thank you so much- Nala is so cute! Hamilton's mom is an F1B and dad is a golden retriever. A few of his littermates look nothing like him! They are blonde and very fluffy! 

Hamilton is very very sweet looking.  I see by his latest photos that he probably will not have the furnishings on his face.  I think they call that an open face or flat coated doodle...something like that.  I became familiar with these beauties on this site.  The member that runs the slideshow has a beautiful flat coated doodle named Pippa.  Have fun with Hamilton ... I love his color!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service