DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am so sad to say that we had to put our beautiful Red Tri Aussie Renegade to sleep today.  My tears just don't stop, but I know they will.  It was time, he was 15 and had many things wrong at this point.  His back and back legs were no good and getting worse.  He was having some bad spasms with leg and body jerking while sleeping, and he was deficating in the house,and had several tumors that were visible which this dog never ever did from the time we got him 15 yrs ago.  He was my sweet gentle friend.  He was the reason that we got Oliver, he was so lost when he lost his buddy Token(we had Token for 16 yrs,) so Renny was totally lost without Token, he was 3 mos when we got him, and was never without him for 13 yrs.  So Oliver was his buddy for 3 yrs, and he helped so much in the trainng of Oliver.  He always let Oliver get his way with toys, he never tried to take one away from him.  He was the best big brother to a little golden doodle.  And even when Oliver grew larger then him, he still let him get his way. only once did I ever hear Renny growl at Oliver, and Oliver knew his limits with him.  I took Renny's bowls away tonight, and Oliver just kept staring at me...he knows, I am not sure how, but he is not his usual bouncing self tonight, maybe he feels my pain, but I am so glad I have him here to hug and be with...My DH, did not go with me, I wouldn't let him, he is way too emotional, and when we had to put Token to sleep, he couldn't handle it, so I told him to stay at work, ( it is tax season) and I would handle it.  I heard him say his goodbyes this morning and I had to get to the bathroom so he wouldn't her me sobbing with him...Sucha  sad day, but I know that we did the right thing, and he is now at the rainbow bridge and Token will be there to meet him and take care of him....Cheryl

Views: 477

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This brought tears to my eyes.  Your gentle friend had a fine life with you, and will always be in your heart.  Hugs to you all...

Cheryl,   I'm so sorry for your loss.  Please accept my condolences.  Hugs to you and Oliver on this sad day.

Thank you Carol, this is a sad day....but it is nice to know that my Doodlekisses friends are always here in good times and bad..

I am so, so sorry.  Tears are flowing, I know how hard this is.  Renny had a wonderful life with you, and you have all the special memories of Renny.

thanks, Pat, I appreciate your kind reply...

oh goodness. I'm crying for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. He seemed like a wonderful dog and friend.

Oh I am so sorry! It sounds like he had a good life. I am glad you have Oliver . Hugs for you at this sad time in your life. You did the right thing and he is in a very good place right now.

Oh Cheryl I am so, so sorry. There is nothing like the pain of losing a family member. My thoughts and prayers are with you,your husband and sweet Oliver. I am so glad he is there to help you through it. Nothing like a doodle hug. anna

Cheryl I am so sorry for your loss. This is all too close to home. There is nothing like saying goodbye to your pets. Clearly you all knew it was time.

Thinking of you in you sad time, I am glad you have Oliver to help ease the pain.

Renny is in very good company waiting for his humans...I have so many on the other side of the bridge.

:o(

Oh, Cheryl, I am crying with you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that Renny is running with Token at the Bridge, feeling no pain, and very grateful to you for loving and caring for him all these years. Hugs to you, your DH, and Oliver.

Cheryl, I am so sorry for the loss of your precious friend. May you, Oliver and DH bring comfort to each other.

"... what we have enjoyed, we can never lose ... all that we love deeply becomes a part of us."

(Helen Keller)

I'm so sorry - big hugs to you and your family.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service