DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I want to share this product our Sam received for Christmas:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1FV55I/?coliid=I1GHHAT03VB4KK&col...

It's a great addition to our other slow feeding toy dispensers and bowls. In fact, I find this product slows him down the most. He is so tired after each meal. It also stimulates his natural foraging instincts, which we love. It's easy to clean and you can throw it in the wash. 

If anyone has other great products they received from the holidays, please share! Sam's one-year birthday is coming up in a couple weeks. :) 

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is very interesting; I've never seen anything like it. 
I read through the product info in the link and I could not find any info on what it is actually made of. What type of material? It looks like the "T-shirt rope" that some of the BarkBox toys are made with, and Jasper destroys that stuff. I'm wondering if this would be easy for a dog to chew or tear. We don't need to slow down eating, just wondering for future reference.

I think Jasper would be picking it up, shaking it, and playing with it, lol. 

It is made of tightly rolled t-shirt material. Sam is an aggressive chewer (we can't do BarkBox either) but he hasn't chewed the mat (yet!). It appears very well made. We remove it as soon as he's done. I'll keep you posted in a week - that will be the true test. :) 

Speaking of BarkBox, have you heard of BullyMake? Our neighbor swears by it for her aggressive chewer but we haven't tried it yet. Not sure if I need another monthly subscription! LOL. 

Jasper is really not that bad, and he likes the BarkBox stuffed toys, treats and chews, as do I. I just replace his toys often.  The BullyMake stuff doesn;t look as appealing to me, lol, and I'm the one paying for it. :)

I think as he gets older, the chewing will lessen; at least, I hope so.
Do let us know how the mat holds up. 

Will do. And happy almost 1-year to Jasper! 

Thank you! 

Our Eli is a heavy chewer.  We tried both Bark Box and Bully Make and neither were good for Eli.  We tried the heavy chewer option with Bark Box and he still destroyed them.  So we tried the Bully Make on the advice of our neighbor who also swear by it and he again chewed everything to pieces in a matter of minutes.  I hate it because he loves to chew however, it's such a hazard for him that we don't have many options.  Good luck finding a good fit for your fur baby.   

Karen, have you tried West Paw Design toys? We've had success with their products. Available on both Amazon and Chewy or your local pet store might carry them (Petsmart and Petco do not). 

This looks like a great idea, my girls are seriously aggressive chewers and I would have to pick it up after each use.

You asked for other ideas so I am sending this link along to you and anyone else that may be interested.  Earlier this fall I bought Meg and Polly new toys that Polly proceeded to take a good chunk out of right before my eyes in less than an hour.  I was frustrated because the brand name was Ruff Dawg and these two $12 toys didn't last an hour so I looked up and called their customer service.  They were apologetic and asked for my e-mail so their manager could reach me.  He got with me within hours, asked me to let him know the breed and size of my dogs, I did and he let me know that he would send replacement toys, no cost, and better suited to my dogs.  We got the new toys in about a week and a half, he threw in an extra toy and only asked that I send back pictures of the girls playing with their new toys.  These are made in the U.S. and my girls play with them a lot and there is no damage to them at all.  Great customer service and really great toys.  Don't mean to sound like a paid sponsor for this company, just real happy with them.  Here is the link, https://ruffdawg.com/indestructible-guaranteed-toys/

Thank you for sharing this! Funny, I was just looking up "indestructible" soccerballs last night and did not come across this brand. Glad to hear you had good experiences with the product (and with customer service too!). Our Sam loves plastic and will tear anything to shreds. What was the original product you purchased from them that got destroyed so I know to stay away from it and what was the product he replaced it with? Thanks so much!

The donut and ball on this page are two of the replacements, https://ruffdawg.com/indestructible-guaranteed-toys/ and he sized them to my dogs who are 45# and 75#, they share them and try to get them from each other, they are very heavy and solid through.

The K9 flyer on this page was the extra bonus her threw in, I would not let them play with it without me because I think it could be chewed up if not watched.  Also on this page is the original toy that Polly chewed right through, the Peanut/Weenut Crunch in the large size.  She first pulled the crackling piece that makes noise straight out and then took a chunk out of it so I would not recommend it at all for a heavy chewer. Here is the ling to these  https://ruffdawg.com/play-ruff/

I might also add that one of the favorite toys for my big girl is a Jolly Ball, we have the large horse size but they have a few other sizes as well, we kick it like a soccer ball for her and she actually anticipates the direction and blocks it.  We have had this one for four or five years now, it stays outside and still goes strong, one of our favorites.  https://www.amazon.com/Horsemens-Pride-Horse-Jolly-Ball/dp/B000PU34...

Thank you so much for all this info! I greatly appreciate it. I ordered a Jolly Ball last night after reading the positive reviews, so glad to hear you've had success with it too! Over the holidays, our Sam discovered his love for soccerballs (however, it was a real soccer ball and was destroyed in minutes). Look forward to trying it out as well as the products you recommended. Thanks again, and Happy New Year! 

Judy, The link takes me to all of the toys.  Can you specifically show me the two that have lasted?  My dogs are super destructers, especially Clancy.  I'd love a toy that lasts longer than minutes.  We had a toy made from a real firehose once and it lasted for months!  I bought a new one and it must have been a fake - it lasted minutes.

Mine would definitely drag the 'rug' around and rather than eating from it, I'm pretty sure they would flip the food off it.  We use the Slo-bowls by Outward Hound (found on Amazon). The spiral is the one that takes them the longest to eat from.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service