DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

It will be fun to share books we love! 

Views: 1575

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't know you could share on-line books!  Actually I got Dragonfly from the library and ordered Outlander.  Those book are huge.  No wonder it has taken me so long to get through An Echo in the Bone It was over 100 chapters, but I thought it was just because I was only reading a few chapters every night.  I guess I am hooked on the characters also.

Some people LOVE them Lynda, and some don't, or can't get into the story.  Over ten years ago I picked up the second book in the series "Dragonfly in Amber" from a vacant appartment we were doing work on.  The Office manager took away the book and gave me the first in the series to start with.  She had such a look of shock that I wasn't going to start from the beginning of the sereis  LOL

I usually reread the series right before the next book is due out, every two years or so, I am in love with the characters.

Me too.  I'm hooked.  Already read two and have another ordered from the library.  My friend told me that these are available on readers that you can check out from the library.  Since they cost about $14.00 each to download on a reader, that might be a good alternative.  I don't unerstand what you said about sending them to my iPad.  I didn't know you could do that, but I am a quick reader and three weeks from the library is more than I would need.

Oh yeah, they are must reads for me also.  And I can see why you reread the whole series.  I have read four books, and want more.  Echo got me into the characters and now I just keep reading and reading.  What a great series.  I have got the time travel thing now, and it is so interesting.  I read a book, Time Traveler's Wife, a while ago but it is a little different.  The whole thing of time travel is fascinating to me, however.

I finally read "Watchers" by Dean Koontz.  It is about a golden retriever who was "developed and raised" in a lab and then broke free along with his antithesis "The Other" or "Outsider".  A man discovers his intelligence and learns to communicate with the dog.  It is a very interesting book and one which Dean Koontz considers his best.  I'm glad I finally found it and read it.  Koontz has a thing about goldens and they are in many of his books.

Another dog book, written by Spencer Quinn but in a dog's voice.  Dog On It is a good book, but I wish the dog could communicate like the dog in Watchers.  It just seems so reasonable that dogs could communicate better with their humans.

I just finished "The Art of Fielding" (the novel not the book by the baseball player) and it was enjoyable.  Got it for Clark for Christmas last year and although he wanted it he's not good at reading novels (he tends to end up reading stuff related to his work).  On our recent trip back from Canada, given we had 13 hours to kill in the car, I ended up starting the book by reading it out loud to him.  And then, of course, I had to finish it myself once we got home and have been working on it little by little whenever I can get away with ignoring the kids for a bit or I'm not on the computer or not cooking :-)  Notice I didn't say when I'm not cleaning because I've sort of given up on cleaning so I'm usually NOT cleaning. 

Just finished A Dog's Journey, the sequel to A Dog's Purpose.  Very fast read and a great story. I had hesitated reading it because it's so sappy, but sometimes a sappy book is just the thing to read.  Highly recommend it.

Thought I'd share..... If you like witches and vampires, this is actually a love story but with lots of historical fiction intertwined. In the second book there is time travel from modern day back to the 1500's. I am on the second book and can't put it down. At times she is a little too wordy but it's well worth the read. The author is Deborah Harkness. The first book is A Discovery of Witches and the second book is Shadow of Night. Here's her link: http://deborahharkness.com/ Check it out!!!!

These books are fantastic!! I thought the first one started out a bit slow but I stuck with it and they were both great! Can't wait for the third book!

I know I'm hooked. Christy.... if you like these look into Diana Gabaldon's Highlander series. It's not about witches and vampires but it's time travel, romance, swashbuckling and historical fiction. Her 2 main characters (Claire and Jaimie) remind me a lot of Diana and Matthew.

Diana Gabaldon's are my favourite book series. Love them!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service