DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I see that there are a lot of doodles in Canada-tons from the west. I also knew westerners had great taste!! But I never see anyone else from the Toronto area. I live in the east end of Toronto and would love to know if there are others. It would be nice to compare parks, doggie day care, and other experiences with someone local. Anyone out there??

Views: 486

Replies to This Discussion

She is so cute-both of your girls are beautiful. What is it like having two dogs? We are seriously thinking about it for this spring. Am I crazy?
Thanks!
Not at all! Gamine, our Golden Retriever, is really the big sister and she has taught Thalie the rules of the house and she is still protecting her.

As for Thalie, she is always glued to Gamine and does always the same thing as her big sis. They love each other. They sleep, eat and play together all the time. Two is not a lot more work than one, but I know though that it is my limit!
Maybe crazy....depends how much time you have. My 2nd is almost 7 months old and he is so different than Yankee, a lot more work. Fin is always getting into mischief. This morning, hubby stepped out of the shower to a cold tile floor and almost slipped. Finn stole the bath matt. I thought it was hilarious. On the other hand, they play constantly. It's good when it's bad weather & you can't get out but can drive you nuts if you're trying to watch TV. Lots of scooping!
I think I know all about your Finn, we have Thomas who at 7 mths was also a bundle of energy. At 13 mths- wow has he ever settled down. He still gets into trouble once in a while-but he seems to know the rules now. That is why we are thinking another dog would be nice for him and us. My friends with two dogs tell me it is no big deal-they keep each other company, play together, sleep together etc. Then, there are the extra vet bills. After Christmas-I will call Burkhart kennels to see if she has any chocolates coming up. I just love Finn-he is beautiful.
Thank you. You are right, more vet bills but they do keep each other company.
I received this e-mail this morning from one of our member...

In a press release today, the National Institute of Health has announced the discovery of a potentially dangerous substance in the hair of dogs. This substance, called "amobacter caninii" has been linked with the following symptoms in human females:

* Reluctance to cook, clean or do housework, a reluctance to wear make-up, good clothes or high heels heels.

* Reluctance to spend money on home or car repairs until after 'Baby' has new collars, leashes, beds, treats, food, blankets or toys.

"Amobacter caninii" usually results in:

* long hours away from home and exhaustion which may lead to a loss of physical contact with other humans (especially husbands and boyfriends).

* "Amobacter caninii" is thought to be addictive, driving the need for additional sources of the substance - this may lead to a "pack mentality" or like the potato chip commercial, "you can't have just one".

Beware!

If you come in contact with a female human infected by this substance, be prepared to talk about dogs for hours.

Additional symptom is a lack of motivation to seek a cure.

Full recovery is rare and if cured, serious side-effects may result.

Surgeon General's Warning:

"Dogs are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense."

Do you or anyone you know have these symptoms?????

Is this funny or what? Have a good day...
OMG- I have this disease.
Hi Tammy,

Where in Whitby are you located? We are at Burns & Garden and Lucy looks a lot like out Enzo!
I know this thread seems to have slowed down a bit, but maybe we can wake it up. We live in Whitby and our Enzo would love to go for a romp with some fellow doodles!
Hi Gary... you are so right-we need to organize a good doodle romp. I see in one of your pictures that you take Enzo to the off leash dog park at Greenwood.(at least that is what I thought I recognized in your picture)

Thomas goes there 5 days a week. Enzo is gorgeous-our goldendoodle Thomas was that colour when he was a puppy but has now turned golden/blond. He is 15 mths old on Dec. 30th and we are guessing probably 85 lbs...won't know for sure until he goes to the vet for his annual in late January. The above member "Tammy" actually introduced me to this site last Jan. when we met at a dog training class at the PetCetera store(now closed). Her dog Lucy is a medium labradoodle and is as cute as anything. If you are going to Greenwood anytime, let me know. Maybe we can get the dogs together for their own "romp". How old is Enzo and how much does he weigh?
Sorry about the delayed response - I need to set up board notifications!

Enzo is just over 2 years old. He is not your typical doodle, as he is very tall and weighs over 93 pounds. Nothing in there taken at Greenwood - the river shot is at Heber Down, where the river crosses the path at the north end.

We'll see if we can find some time for a GW visit over the next few weekends.
Thomas is 15 mths and is VERY TALL also-we are guessing him at 85-90 lbs. We are told he is huge for a doodle also. He was only 6 mths old in the above photo. I could have sworn your pic was at Greenwood. Oh well-let me know if you are going-we can get the boys together!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service