DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Webster is a 1 1/2 yr old goldendoodle.  He will "groom" us gently when he is feeling affectionate.  This started one day when we were driving and he just came up and started nibbling on my shoulder.  Sometimes he will do it unprovoked, sometimes he does it when we are petting him.  It is always oh-so gentle and immediately stops if he accidently catches skin (he gets this shocked and embarrassed look if we say "ouch!").

I chalked this up to a Webster "thing" but Charlotte also will nibble when she is getting scratched.  She does it as a mutual grooming ritual: you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

So now I'm curious:  How many other Doodles groom or nibble their people?

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

Allie "nibbles," my feet when I have socks on once in awhile... lol.
Toby will stand up behind us when we are sitting, put his paws on our shoulders, and give us affectionate little nibbles behind our ears. It feels so good! He will also nibble on our arms or legs when we are playing. It's as though he's saying, "I'm going to get you, too!" It's funny how he KNOWS that he can get a squeal out of us when he goes for our thighs. You can see the twinkle of mischief in his eyes when he does it intentionally. Especially when he dives under the sheets to "get" us! These doodles do the cutest things, don't they?!
Jersey nibbles on our hair. He didn't always do it. He's 3 and only started doing it a couple of months ago. I guess he thinks he's grooming us.
Darwin doesn't do this, but that sounds so sweet... !
Huff does that sometimes.:)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service