DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Does your doodle know how to open doors?  If so, how?

Some doors in my house don't really lock into place when you shut them.  Sherlock and Noah have figured this out and can open them.  Sherlock jumps up and pushes his 11lb body against the door to open it.  For the longest time, Noah couldn't figure out how to open a door.  But now he pushes them open with his nose!

Noah opens the door:

Find more videos like this on DoodleKisses.com
Sherlock opens the door: The scratching noise you can hear is Sherlock jumping on the door and pawing it until it pushes open

Find more videos like this on DoodleKisses.com

Views: 36

Replies to This Discussion

I once fostered a GSD who could actually turn a doorkob with her mouth.
That's Rosie!!!!!! We were shocked! We know have teeth marks on the knob! LOL Gratefully the front door has a bolt up top that's always in use and the knob that she turned is that back door that opens up into the fenced backyard so no worries but it certainly gave us cause for pause! (or paws shall we say!)
With just me and DH in the house, I am not good about tighty closing the bathroom door, I mostly close it over. Needless to say my privacy is invaded on a regular basis. Last week the door pushed open just a bit and a big doodle nose poked in. He had a white sweat sock in his mouth and was just flinging to sock in and pulling it back out along the floor. Like he was casting his bait. Must not let the call of nature interfere with play time. It was hilarious.
I would love to have seen that, but I'm guessing you don't usually take the video camera into the bathroom. Why is it we never have the camera handy when we need it!
No, Darwin hasn't figured this out. He also hasn't figured out how to counter surf, jump over a 3 foot baby gate, or "go around" when his leash is wrapped around something. He's a little slow. :-) Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It's very easy to restrict his access to rooms this way. And I love not worrying about counter surfing.
Darwin wanted me to tell you that he has figured out how to do all these things. He just doesn't do them because he's a good boy!
LOL.
Murph hasn't figured out how to go over the baby gates either....instead he hurls his big body against it until it crashes. Then, of course, he's scared to death and runs away...so it didn't do him any good. Guinness just stands back and watches the action.
Your stories about Murphy and Guinness make me crack up every time!
Kachi will push open any 'unlatched' door with his nose. But he's a polite doodle as well, because if someone is in the bathroom and they haven't latched the door closed, he will come on in to keep you company (whether you want him to or not!), but once in, he turns around, and pushes the door closed, so that the two of you can have some privacy!!
A few months ago Ollie figured out how to open doors in our house by using his paws to jiggle the door knobs. I thought I was going to have to "child-proof" our house. Surprisingly, he hasn't actually been too successful at opening the doors. Sometimes I think his paws are so furry it is tough for him to get the knob to turn, then he makes a lot of noise and we catch him in the act. He has also managed to open the latch on his crate a few times, but that makes a lot of noise also - so we usually catch him with that too.
That's a riot Liza!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service