DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi everyone, well... it seems summer is here in Michigan.  And, while we all LOVE this weather Rosie seems to be really hot.  I am so in love with her current "look" though.  But, her coat is SO thick.  I'm amazed by how thick it is.  Can you share your pics of your 1st cut?  I'm curious how she will look, if she will lighten and if I should even cut her.  Maybe I should just do part of her?  lol  Her belly, legs, etc.  Or will that just leave her looking silly?  Thanks for the advice in advance!

~ Stacy & Rosie

I feel like this picture shows her coat best. 

Views: 183

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks!  Rosie is the cutest thing!  I thought Beans might be lighter after his cut, but guess the cut fur had been bleached by the sun somewhat!  He's soooo soft since his cut. He was soft before, but even so much more now.  :)

So cute, I love the dark chocolate coats. The sun bleaches them out and when you groom them the dark comes back.

Sorry this was supposed to be under Carla and "Beans" post.

How old is Rosie? She's very cute, and although a different color, looks very much like Lucy did at that age. I, too. loved the shaggy, unkempt look, but was so afraid of the coat change that I started getting her clipper cuts at 6 months old. Its been every 6-8 weeks ever since.  I have them go as close as they can on the body (about 1/2") and longer on legs (1"), with a longer tail, ears and muzzle. Lucy's hair grows so fast, is a very thick woolly coat of fine texture (which mats easily if left long), and the shorter coat makes at-home grooming so much easier. I was pleasantly surprised after Lucy's 1st clipper cut (although make sure you find a good groomer, or it could be a kind of shock). She went from looking like a puppy, to looking like a mature, athletic dog.  I agree the 1st clipper cut is a sort of rite of passage for doodles. Here's Lucy first at 4-1/2 mos. and then after her 1st clipper cut at 6 mos. If you're interested in seeing all the different looks she's had after all her clipper cuts just check out the photos on my page. They run the gamut!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service