DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

How often do you bath your doodle when he has long hair?

Views: 162

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. This is the spray on and rub with a towel type of shampoo. I don't brush until dry, but I guess you could. I may not brush at all. Mostly I let muddy legs dry and let the dirt just fall out or blow it out with my blower to speed things up.
Also, I find if I spray the detangler finishing spray on wet legs, they dry and self clean a lot faster. Again, I was having trouble getting it, so I have been using my supply sparingly. I don't care for Stazko ear cleaner. I like the Show Season one, but I think I am going to make my own from a witch hazel base.
I scrub their ears in the bath with a wash cloth and antibacteria-antifungal soap just like grandma used to do with kids. My vet uses antibacterial hand soap and water to flush ears.
Thanks very much. Where can I find blowers that aren't dryers? Are they noisy?
Metro is one well known name and DriEaz another. They are available lots of places on line. They are noisy. I do the dusting off outside and then it's not so bad. I also got the DriEaz one because it is supposed to be quieter. It was expensive though and I think you can get one that will work for a lot less.
Well I have a doodle that sheds some and can get smelly, especially with all the time she gets outside in the summer and walks through the woods. I try to prolong time between baths because it makes her so itchy. I stick to once a month or less and in-between I use a detangler spray that smells really good to freshen her up between baths. Make sure before the bath to brush and comb him out really good because any matts he may have will tighten right up against his skin when they get wet. Then they are impossible to get out. ugh.
I have an slightly shedding F1 labradoodle, but she does not get smelly. I also have an owner that has a white doodle of mine and washes him only 2 times a year. He isn't smelly either.

Does all of your dog get smelly or just parts? If just parts do, you may have a build up of bacteria that need to addressed.

If all of your dog gets smelly then maybe a waterless shampoo and detangler would work better.
She gets all over a little smelly. Not like really stinky, just a little doggy. And I have a sensitive sniffer. I'll try the waterless shampoo. Thanks!
Both mine (GR and GD) each gets a bath once every 3 months, so that's 4 times a year. I used to shower GD more often (once every 2 months), cos he is cream in color, and he looks really grungy all the time.

They take two long walks a day, and each time we get home, they are wiped down with a wet towel, and two fans to blow dry. They sleep in the air-conditioned room with us every night, so that daily 9 hrs in the room completely removes all musky/damp smell.

They swam in the pool last Sat, and I gave them a quick shower, showered both under 30 mins, and towel dried them. GD's coat was 95% dry within the first 30 mins, whereas GD's coat took almost 3 hrs to air dry. I use an undercoat rake on both when their coat were still damp.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service