DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Luci is 5 months old and I have to admit, I was a little worried on how she would do as she tends to get overexcited and super crazy in new situations still, especially when wet.  When I picked her up, the groomer told me she did AWESOME and was the best 5 month old she'd ever had!  Whew!  They did a good job, just bath/dry (she even did great with the dryer), ears, sanitary trim, face and feet.  No mats...again WHEW!  She said whatever we're doing, keep it up because she was just so good on the table!  Here's a before picture.  Puppy face!

They did a good job for sure, she definitely looks different though as they trimmed very close across her nose.  Looks older I think, like pics of adult doodles I've seen.  Kinda miss the curls on her face though :( but I guess she does need to see!  So while she looks different in the face, I think they did a great job and listened to everything I had to say.  No body trimming yet, she's about 3 inches of fluff as of now that mostly feels like cotton balls!  

She had a great time too!  Played with about 6 other dogs for an hour before the grooming and she was WORE out when we got her home!  

Views: 82

Replies to This Discussion

What a good girl!  She is just adorable!
she looks just adorable.
Thanks :).  She's still wiped out too!  Guess I know where to take her any time she needs a doggy day care, she had a blast!
Good job Luci!  She looks so soft...kinda reminds me of the look of spun glass (I used to buy it at Christmas for nativity scenes)!  She is beautiful.
She looks adorable and you are one lucky Doodle Mom to have such a great girl!!!!  Most people don't shave across the bridge of the nose but it really is a personal preference.  If you prefer the curls just ask next time if they can use thinning shears and just thin out the tufts of hair.  They may have to first cut them a bit shorter but then they can feather them out for that cute Doodle look.  That is what I do with Gracie Doodle.  It will grow back quickly!  They did a great job.  The first time a groomer got their hands on Gracie they shaved her bridge right down to the skin and I was heart broken!!!!  Anything you don't like you have to clearly and firmly state to the groomer and remind them every time!!!  There are so many ways to groom a Doodle and it also depends on the individual Doodle's hair.  No two look alike!  Hugs to Luci!
I was really worried about that too!  It's not shaved, just cut down real close under her eyes.  Doesn't look bad at all, just took some of the puppy look away.  It will grow back tho, right? :D.  They do a few different doodles so luckily they have some experience in it and the groomer that did her was absolutely great.

She is beautiful and looks soooo soft!!! 

She's beautiful. Oh, the curls grow back quickly!
She looks GREAT!!! One of the nice thing about Doodles is that you can exert so much personal preference in how they look - long, short, clipped, scissor cut etc. Personally I prefer a well groomed face so I can see all the facial expressions - they are very emotive dogs!
It is definitely nice to see more of her eyes!  She told me to start thinking about how I want her to look because there are so many different looks so it sounds like she understands that.  She did say she thinks she will have more  of a poodle coat, from what her experience has shown her from the long wavy puppy coat.  Hard to picture since it's so straight now and cotton like but she does have lots of curls on her ears and around her neck.  I'm just glad it turned out so well, I was so scared to take her!  And she was good, which is a definite plus!
I think it looks fabulous! She is gorgeous!
She looks beautiful!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service