DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am soooooo happy and relieved.  I finally decided it was time to trim Millie.  She's nearly 9 months old and hasn't had any type of trim other than a sanitary and around her eyes and face a bit.  I stewed about it for hours before deciding it was time.  I LOVE long fur, so I was afraid my clippers would take off too much.  But, I found it to be perfect (used the 1 1/4" comb)!!  It took me about 2 hours, and I still am not 100% done, but very close.  She did very well.  Didn't like being shaved under her ears, but she tolerated it.  So proud of her.  Here are some before and after pics.  My husband said there isn't much of a difference to see, but that's exactly what I wanted.  :)

Views: 429

Replies to This Discussion

she is adorable and you did a great job!!!  I absolutely see a difference!

Congratulations! It's a big step! You will find it to be a sweet time for bonding for both of you. Millie looks great.

Congratulations, and good job! I see the difference, too.  Its a big step grooming your own doodle(s). I've only done it a couple times so far, and cheated last time using my professional groomer (I needed a break!). It should get easier next time (although my 2nd time didn't pan out quite that way, because I changed to a different brand/type of attachment combs... won't be using those again!). Millie is adorable (and I love her smile in the 2nd pic)!

Thanks to all of you!  I have really been stressing about this as I live in a very small area, and the pickings for groomers are slim to none.  I knew nobody would trim her as I wanted... And I'll be saving money!  :)  Hopefully in January I can splurge and get a scissor set.  I used cheapies today.  They maybe have one more use out of them before they are done..LOL...

Wow!  Great job!!!!!!  I love her look!  And I am hoping I am as successful, when it comes our turn with Enzo.  She is 6 months, and I keep putting it off, because I too, love the long, shaggy, bed-head, look!

Thank you!  It really was not near as bad as I thought it was going to me.  I bet you'll find that to be the same for you as well.  Best of luck when you try!

Great job!

She looks happy with her new "do"....and adorable.   Good job!

Great job!!

Good job! Well Done!

Great job. Where did you buy her?

al

Very nice job! She looks great and isn't it nice not having to worry about what she will look like when you pick her up at the groomers?? :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service