DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi all....I am new to the sight and am looking for a groomer that has experience with labradoodles that is in the Long Island, ny area.
I have an 8 month old and his last haircut (about a month and a half ago) was a disaster. When he was 4-5 months petsmart was ok but I am looking for someone who really knows what they are doing and can make my doodle look like one.
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.
Nadia

Views: 664

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nadia. It took some time and a few photos from DK, but I have been very happy with Petco in Patchogue. Bays groomer is Terri and she has been very patient with me and now knows the look I am going for. It does take some trial and error. Good luck.
Ps. This pix on DK was not a Petco grooming. Maybe see some other pix I have posted or I can send you some
Thanks Donna.....bay is certainly a handsome boy!!!! Unfortunately patchogue is far from me....I'm in Levittown :(

After three disappointing visits to the groomer closest to my apartment in Manhattan (Towne House on 8th Avenue in Chelsea) I took Gracie to Ivy at Doodlestyle in Baldwin, Long Island.

Ivy is nice, realistic, reasonably priced and in demand because she ONLY does Labradoodles and Goldendoodles. She has a beautiful standard Labradoodle.

http://doodlestyle.com/

Write her an e-mail thru her site and send her a pic of your doodle.

I made the appointment for the next visit while picking her up from the first.

Good luck!

Thanks a bunch. I am definitely going to contact her since she seems like she books up pretty fast. I have read some great reviews about her and she is about 20 min from me.
Does she bathe your dog? I got a quote from her (very nice and knowledgable) but she said she doesn't bathe them.

Hi Nadia. Where on LI are you looking? I have one I use in Hauppauge. She is the 4th one I used and very happy with her. 

I am in Nassau county (Levittown). Would like to stay no more than 30 min away if at all possible.

Nadia, did you ever find a good groomer?  I live in Bethpage and would love to find a good local groomer for my new goldendoodle.

Hi. I still recommend Ivy

http://doodlestyle.com/

in Baldwin. I'm going for the second time this coming Saturday.

She doesn't bathe the dogs, but she only does doodles!

Yes...I went to see ivy @doodlestyle.com in Baldwin.

She was extremely informative and did a great job. I go to her again next month. I will say that I find her to be a bit pricey especially since she does not bathe them. she did say that they really dont need to be bathed often but i bathe him after his cut. She is very knowledgable and super nice.

Hi.

Very happy you were satisfied.

Prices are all relative ... she's lower-priced than the groomers in my part of Manhattan (Chelsea) and I definitely feel she's tailoring her work to the individual dog, not grooming your dog as part of an assembly line.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service