DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi ! I brush my doodle every night and am ready to upgrade to a better brush. I am torn between the Les Pouches brush and the Christensen Pin brush. Does anyone have advice for me???

Views: 430

Replies to This Discussion

If you look at the review page I posted a grooming tool tote. I have both of the brushes you name, but you will see in the tote a wooden toothed brush. This is my favorite. It works well on wet, long, in between without pulling. The other brushes are wonderful, makes fur very fluffly. but the wooden one from Christensen makes the job very quick and easy. http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum2/topics/new-grooming-tote-found-i...
A wooden brush? If I were to buy only one brush would this be it or would I need to suppliment with another?
the wooden teeth are not like any other wooden brush i've ever seen. they are very smooth. I use all the brushes, but i use the wooden brush when he's wet or needs to be quickly brushed thru. As others have commented, depends on the coat of your dood. The other brushes do a finer job, but you might be able to use the wooden one and be satisfied, I fluff Monty with the other brushes.
It depends on a few things- what type of coat does Tucker have and how well does he tolerate being brushed?

Tara is very sensitive to the brush and I went with the CC gold pin brush because it is very gentle. It really has helped to desensitize her but now I am finding that the pins are spaced so far apart that it does not do an excellent job on her ultra-fine hair. Large amounts of her hair can slip between the pins and the tangles are missed. Now that she is less reactive to the brush I use it in como with an inexpensive slicker brush. But she still really prefers the CC.

I know some DKers who use LP brushes and love them too. If you search through the Grooming Group discussions you should be able to find a lot more info. I know this has been discussed before.
Good luck!

Here is one link!

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/what-kind-of-brush-should-...
The first time I used my Les Pooches brush I thought it was a miracle. As others have noted it depends on the type of coat Tucker has. Kona's is fleece. The brush just went through his tangled ears in no time. I brush him every other day and am thrilled with how easy it is since switching to LP. I have never tried the Christensen brush though.
I have heard rave reviews about the LP brush. If your doodle mats then it seems like that would be better than the CC pin brush. The pin brush isn't really a slicker, is it? I don't think a regular pin brush would do a good job of getting mats out of the coat. If he DOESN'T mat then I don't know if he needs a LP brush, and I would go with the CC pin brush. If you are looking for an inexpensive slicker, I'd recommend the MGT slicker. I brush Darwin every single night because he mats and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F285RI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?p...
I bought the LP brush a few days ago and wow!!!Jake already looks awesome and probably have not brushed him a total of an hour.Works great.I love it
I think your decision will come down to what kind of coat your Doodle has. My Gracie Doodle has a soft wavy fleece coat and it is not thick, dense or stiff. She hates, hates, hates the LP brush and I am not too fond of it either. I have drawn blood on my own hand many times so I can only imagine what poor Gracie is feeling when I drag it through her coat. I think the ALDs and the F1B Doodles are better candidates for this kind of brush. The thick, wooly, wirey type coat that you can't get a comb or brush through is the one that will respond to the LP brush. I also have the Christensen Pin brush and she is much happier with that. I am able to use it when she is wet too. I actually use a rotating tooth comb more than I do any brush. You might want to add that to your grooming bag as well.
I use the LP slicker brush and a steel comb. Ned has a very thick coat that is fairly soft. It fluffs out a lot with the brushing, so I spritz him when I am done to scrunch the spirals back together. I am intrigued with the wooden CC pin brush for my other shedding doodle, but I haven't bought one yet. The cheaper version of the LP brush is made by MGT. It is almost as good as the LP but one side has straight 'teeth' that are pretty useless.
Now that K's coat is only about 3-inch long at its longest (on his legs & tail), I hardly need to brush/groom him. I use the Conair Pro undercoat rake on his coat maybe once every week. This rake helps to remove the smaller tangles, and it works on bigger mats too. He has wavy fleece coat. I have the CC long-pin wooden brush (I paid more than USD50 for this), it does not help with the tangles like this CP rake does (under USD10) . I am really happy with the rake (we have the one for medium to long coat).

Do the pins rotate on this? I have an Evolution that looks similar. I have to use it very carefully on Ned or he cries because it pulls out hair that is still attached. It works better on Clancy who is a shedder.
Hi Nancy, no the pins do not rotate.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service