DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi Barb....I have Ebony who is completely black in color and I notice that her mustache at times oxidizes and turns a light brown.  I was wondering what to use to prevent this. I groom my dog as I have not been able to find a groomer in Kamloops that knows how to groom the labradoodle correctly. I  am always worried about taking off too much hair around ther nose and eyes.  I do use thinning shears on her mustache.  Any direction for me?   Thanks

Views: 280

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think you can prevent the water and sun  from changing the face. I doubt it is staining. Sounds like you should visit me for a grooming lesson.:)

I really should...I shaved her down to a number 4 about 2 months ago...I am having real trouble with matting to the point that it is like I am shearing a lamb.

I WISH!   Pick me. Pick Me!  I'll come up to your house

Laura, my dog Cubbie is jet black except for the front of his face which has a reddish brown tint that you really only notice in the right light.  It sort of looks like he has highlights on that section of his face. He doesn't lick his face much (other than after a meal) and it has pretty much always been there so I don't think his is from staining.  I like how it looks.  It gives him character.  Does Ebony's mustache change colors or is it pretty much always the brown color now?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service