DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

OK, so I know this sounds silly but...  Roxie was groomed yesterday.  She was a hairy mess AND she's not yet shedding her puppy coat AND she had mats AND summer is coming AND if I'm going to pay for grooming I get them cut short and then let them grow and grow and grow.  So Roxie came home clipped very short (not shaved to the skin, but short - about 1/4-1/2").  She knows and likes the groomer, but she's been cowering, shivery, tail down between her legs, not confident, not herself - what's going on?  She was so fluffed out because of all the hair she now looks half her size - is she feeling small?  What do dogs know/perceive about haircuts?  Do dogs have a self image?  Does having a new 'do bum them out?

Views: 137

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Glad to hear your pup is feeling better.  Snow is a great happy-maker for the doods!

You can incorporate your pics into the message by clicking on the second little icon at the top of the comment box.  If you hold your mouse over it, it will say 'image.'  Click and go!

Kathy, it is easy - just click on the icon at the top of your reply box that is a picture - it is the second icon from your left.
Kathy....we are neighbors!  I live in Newtown too!  Your dogs as so adorable!  They are cut short .... were the matts such that the breeder had to simply shave for a new start?  How old are each?  Where exactly do you live?  I'm expecting a new puppy to bring home in July and am  very excited!
We've met and you've met my dogs - was in it Tyler Park or the towpath?  I can't wait to meet your puppy!!!  When is the litter expected to be born?  Happy to hook up with you and walk in the park any time!!
Oh for heven's sake!  The litter is due 5/14 so I hopefully will be bringing home a puppy in mid July.  I know I have to wait until all shots have been given before "socializing" with other dogs, but I'm so excited!  I might need  some advice as it's been a long time since I've had a puppy!  Hope to see you around the Tyler!
It's really important that your puppy socialize with other dogs and other people.  Check with your vet - who are you going to use, by the way?  I am madly over the animal healing center in yardley and recommend them very very highly - but you wouldn't want to take your puppy to a dog park or to a pet store where they would come into contact with who knows what but he/she could play with completely vaccinated well cared for dogs in a safe place.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service