DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Jazz has several different coats going on it seems (11 mos) ......

Body is fluffy fleece coat, neck is curlier (where her collar goes and under ears -- maybe because I've shaved her back a bit here), but outside of ears and muzzle are pretty straight, and to me, tend to get a flat, oily, and WILD look. The hair is definitely not as thick or curly here. How does everyone wash these areas? I try to avoid these during a bath so I don't get soap in eyes or ears.

Views: 106

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Beautiful face. You are just coming up to the coat change. Typically puppy coats are straighter than adult coats, so if you shaved part of her neck, the coat will be more like the adult coat in that place.
It is important to wash the face right up to the corner of the eye and the muzzle when bathing. You can buy a spray attachment for water for about $15. This allows you to control the water around the face. Just always point it away from the eyes and nostrils. To put soap on the face, use a sponge. If you wet the sponge, then dip it in your watered down shampoo, it is easy to get the whole face washed. There is bacteria near the eyes and around the mouth and it is good to wash these areas well.
To wash around the ears, lift the ear and close the opening with your fingers. You can spray and then soap with the sponge. Rinse with the ear lifted and keep the opening closed.
Have fun!
I'll try the sponge -- didn't think of that -- I've got a real light, airy one I just bought for something else.

She really hates her face or head fussed with, but will let me comb thru it when she's tired. The hair on her ears is darker, thinner, and pretty much straight. ...maybe why I feel like it looks oily. It is the only part that gets "static cling". (electric doodle ears !!)

When I had her spayed, they shaved her tummy (6 mos), and the hair grew back VERY thin and straight (especially by her "goodies"). I said I was going to keep her tummy shaved (it's very cute and clean), but it really is still so VERY thin I have not had to do anything. Is this the norm? She's looks like a BEAR everywhere else (a WILD one). People laugh when she rolls over and looks "neek-ed".
It is correct to shave the belly so it looks the same as a dog that does not need a haircut...like a boxer. I do this if the hair looks too wispy or matts easily. Only shave to below the navel.
I use a wash rag, with no soap, on boze's face. If there is any area that seems a little oily, it is under his ears. I keep the hair trimmed to about 1/2 inch, but do have to use shampoo under his ears.
Thanks for all the tips. I CAN do this..... think it might even be "fun".

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service