DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We've done really well up until recently keeping Scout well brushed and always got high marks from the groomer.  Not this time.  He's matted all over his neck area, up around his ears, but generally in the head/neck area.  Groomer said it was pretty bad and we'd not want to pay what it would cost her to remove the matting.  She suggested we get a specific brush and comb and give it a try ourselves and/or she would do her best to taper the cut but it would be short.

She advised us this wasn't his adult hair coming in - ten months old - but likely from the rain, flat collar, and not brushing him out daily.

We don't want a shaved dog.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Views: 128

Replies to This Discussion

Well put, Susan! I remember my daughter asking her new husband if he would still love her if her head was the size of an orange. Wisely, he said 'of course.' LOL
Gracie Doodle came home from the Groomer who use to do her all the time looking like that once. And...she never had mats so there was no excuse. I was furious and I now do my own grooming 100%. But, like the other Nancy said "you do what you gotta do" and it will always grow back and rather quickly too. Gracie's first Christmas she was a Poodle instead of a Doodle but we still love them regardless. Be careful what you say in front of Traveler though, they understand your emotions and are very sensitive to your actions. Tell him he is beautiful and you love him. And...he IS beautiful!!
Thanks, Nancie. Traveler slipped his collar and ran back into the house while the groomer was taking him to the truck. Do you think he had a premonition? :) Anyhow, I love to pet the velvet body, and I have been telling him he's beautiful. I asked for a puppy cut, if possible. But in truth, he was matted, though not on his body. I'd have been furious too if he hadn't been!
Ned has never tried to slip his collar but my other three all have and successfully! If I want to make sure they can't get away, I use the traditional choke chain. I have a nice martingale collar that Nancie and Gracie gave me. It fits my two big guys perfectly, however we just found out the hard way that both of them can slip out of that also if they really want to. Gordie and Clancy feel Traveler's pain!!!
Well we bit the bullet and had him shaved...His photo is in the photo Page...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service