DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have two questions on this topic! First...Sam is almost a year old and we have a huge matting problem. I brush him everyday and it is a chore. His hair is always tangled and he has mats that could never be brushed out. I usually have to cut them out, but the next day I am cutting new ones out. His poor legs look awful from all the patches of where mats used to be! At this point he hates being brushed, but I can't blame him. Is this just his puppy coat change? Will it get better? Would a Les Pooches brush really be a difference maker? We already have the Chris Christensen T brush and it works well just takes a long time to get tangles out. I start to cry thinking this is my life from now on with all this brushing and hair!

Second...I am taking him to a new groomer tomorrow and am giving him his summer cut. How short do people go for this? I love the shaggy look, but with above issues his hair must go! Thanks so much!

Views: 805

Replies to This Discussion

Talk to me about these different rakes for mats! I need them!
Ok...an update on Sam. We just got home from the groomer. I specifically described what I wanted. She didn't think his mats were bad at all. I asked her to take him to about an inch on this legs and 1.5 on his body, trim his head up a bit but no clippers on face and just give him that doodle look. Well...she did trim his face with clippers and his beautiful eye lashes!! It isn't horrible, but he is much shorter than I asked and is going to take some getting used to. He feels like crushed velvet now! Please see pic and in need of reassurance that he doesn't look to poodle like and that it WILL grow back! Also, he does have some razor burn on his belly, which is almost bald, and groin area...anything I should put on it?
How about a picture. Yes it will go back. Hang in there! At least he will be cool! If it is real short watch for sunburn!
Oh yes I forgot to post the picture! Here he is! My hair less wonder!
Attachments:
Ohhhhhh...he looks very cute!! We will be doing this with Fazzy in about a month....he about to turn 11 months old and so far haven't had any issues with matting or coat changes....I'm keeping my fingers x'd that his coat will stay status quo. Wonder if aloe gel would help with the razor burn??

Oh he's beautiful! It's the velveteen rabbit look. I bet you can hardly keep your hands off of him! 

Chelsie, you r going thru short hair shock! I really like his head cut. The rest of his body will grow out of that just cut look in a week or so! As it grows out remember what stage you like the most and take a picture so you can show it to your groomer so she will know exactly what you want! Even though it is short you still need to brush him while he sheds his first coat! I think he is still cute!

He does look pretty soft and adorable! He is short but at least he's not shaved and his head is perfect. I bet you can't keep your hands off him. This will be a nice break from brushing for a few weeks. You can add your pic directly in your reply by using the second icon from the left, it makes it easier for us lazy people. :>)

The face and tail keep him from looking too poodles. We had to dothe same thing with Zoe in January for the same reason. Compare my profile photo to the sweaters hot on my page. She was shivering so we had to buy her sweaters. My brother said she looked like a sad granny. Bot we got used tout (I did love that velveteen feel) and she has grown in. I'm now not sure I will lether hair get that long again . . .

He looks beautiful!  So snuggly soft!

I think he looks great!!1

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service