DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I recently started using the rake on our 16 month GD. (It looks like a comb but I like that it's shaped like a T for better handling)  I noticed that I've been getting a lot of her fur that is soft and woolly (I likened it to a cotton ball that is pulled apart).  I attributed this to the coat change and became even more diliget with the combing.  I am getting worried now, though, because I notice that she mats faster now than she did before I used the rake.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Views: 77

Replies to This Discussion

I have a rake but I use it only when I am doing a quick groom. Ned's coat is very, very thick and the rake is not thorough enough. It does pull out loose fur. I had a rake with rotating tines that I thought would be wonderful. It was not and it actually pulled out Ned's fur and he cried when I used it. That became a trash item.
hi I have a v-shaped rake from our siberians. It is pretty useless on either of my doodles - Tigger has a coat just like Nancy's Ned curly and thick fleece, Roo has a super curly wool coat. I don't think using a rake actually causes coats to mat more, it is just totally ineffective at separating the hair. A rake was really pretty much what you had to use on dog's that shed massively like Siberians. The invention of the Shed Ender pretty much put the rake out of business except for touch ups on a thick coat that is "blowing" and you are trying to keep it intact long enough to get through the show ring.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service