DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi all, here is a recent pic of Rippley whom I love as is - but it gets humid in NJ and I am concerned about him getting hot, so am thinking of getting him groomed soon. I have trimmed a bit around his eyes and under his ears for functional reasons, so far. My question is this: how do I ask the groomer/make sure the groomer keeps him doodly cute and does not mess him up? I love his shaggy face and wouldn't want to receive him back super shaved/shorn! Do I ask for a "puppy cut?" Any advice appreciated, thank you! PS he is 16 wks and has wavy fleece.

Views: 474

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I get my goldendoodle a puppy cut and I love it.
What is a puppy cut? May I see a pic of yours? Thx!
I just had Spike done last week for the same reason. I really loved his shaggy look before but I really do love his look now. I really love how his tail head and ears are still curly
Attachments:
Cute!! Thank you!
My groomer calls it a teddy bear cut. I would bring a few pictures in with you to show the groomer what you are thinking. Also I usually ask for 1/2 cut which means for them to take 1/2 the length off Oakley's fur and he has turned out great everytime. Check my page for photos.
Oakley looks so much like Rippley! I was "awww-" ing my way through your beautiful pictures. thanks for the advice!

Take some pictures with you to show the groomer what you would like.  Look through the pictures on this site and find a doodles with a similar coat and a great cut.

Great idea, thx. So many to look thru!! Will keep me busy... ;)

We just groomed Sophie for the first time about 2 weeks ago and were worried about getting her hair cut too short as well! Our groomer used a 1 inch blade guard and then scissored her face I believe. We were really happy with the results! 

Sooo sweet! How old is Sophie Doodle? Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you! She will be 9 months old as of tomorrow! Rippley is adorable. I'm sure he will stay a cutie no matter how his hair cut may go.. :) Good luck! 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service