DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi,

I have an 8 week old standard F1 goldendoodle named Stella.  We are planning to do all of the grooming ourselves.  The vet recommended using an oatmeal shampoo on her.  Is there one that you all recommend?  I've heard about tropiclean.  Does anyone use the oatmeal version in their line?  How often do you all bathe your puppies?  She is getting a little smelly to me : ).  Is there a brush good for a puppy's coat?  We have a cheap slicker that we got from Target, but she doesn't seem to like that.  Her coat right now is very soft and wavy.  The breeder said that so far all of her puppies have had wavy coats (like goldens), not curly.

Thanks for any advice you all can give!

Robin

Views: 305

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry forgot the picture.
Attachments:
Good morning, I wrote an answer to your post, but don't seem to see it. I have a 9 mo golden doodle Zoey. She loves brushing. I have attached a picture of the brush and comb I use. The brush is Andis, but I couldn't find a link to a picture on line.
I was recommended buddy wash by cloud star on this site and use the 2/1 shampoo and conditioner It seems to work well. At 4-5 months she got a bit stinky, adolescent stink if that is a thing, and I used thenalsomrecommenoded buddy splash sprays. Lavender/mint and Roemary mint. Both seemed to do well. In the summer she swims every day so baths maybe weekly. In the winter (so cal) we do 4-6 weeks and I am letting her hair grow out a bit. So that's it from here. God luck and have fun. Sheree
I use the tropiclean you mentioned and am happy with it. I started using it during allergy season where I bath him more frequently. Gavin also has a wavy coat. He never liked me using a slicker on him. I use a pin brush and steel comb with rotating tines. The comb is most effective for keeping mats at bay.
Mine are both wavy (Sierra has a little more curl than Nimbus).I use Chris Christensen Spectrum 10 shampoo and conditioner), Chris Christensen t-brush, Activet (formerly Les Poochs) slicker brush green, The Detangler comb and a fine mat rake (with the bigger one their little knots just slip through).
Attachments:

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service