DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I realize this is a poodle, but I'm thinking my doodle, when long haired, could look like this. http://estampatebuenosaires.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/0...
Never in my wildest dreams would I ever do this kind of thing to any dog! What do you guys think?

Views: 92

Replies to This Discussion

Why would you do that???? That's just seems mean!
This is so entirely for the owner, not the dog, that it is a bit upsetting. I saw someone walk by with a poodle done up somewhat like this yesterday. It had pink "wings" on its side!!
NO ! NO! NO! I would never ever do that to any type of a dog That is mean I agree with Karina
We've had a few discussions on here previously about this type thing. I saw a special on Animal Planet or one of those stations a couple weeks ago where there was a competition for groomers to do this very thing. I was not a fan of this type thing before, but after watching the show I am very much against this type thing now. I think it borders on abuse. Why make a dog stand and endure this type of thing all in the name of a contest! A bath and a haircut and brush out are enough. I mean we spend hours researching the type of food we are going to feed all in the name of health and love, and then put them through something like this ...... Nope ....... not me. (My Opinion).
I wouldn't allow that to be done to my dog, but I do think the Groomer is VERY talented to be able to do such a thing!
I watched the whole show, it was like a deer in the headlights things. I just couldn't beleive it was real!
This definitely isn't for everyone. Personally, I think it is fabulous! It is extreme grooming for poodles with temporary,
washable hair coloring. It is meant to be fun. It is like a competitive sport or cooking competition . Check out the
"extreme grooming" videos. A lot of poodles love the attention of grooming and are natural "show dogs".
Every poodle that has been a family member of mine has reacted happily after its normal grooming. These dogs do
not look unhappy.
Well that is the most pathetic pic I have seen in awhile... what goes through someone's mind to do such a thing?
I think that is disgusting. I would never put my sweet baby through that. It is hard enough to just groom them and it takes up to 3-4 hours. Can be very stressful for the Doodle. Why put her through that? No Way!
These poodles are trained for these things and I have heard they are some of the most pampered pets around. The groomer has to keep their long coats in excellent condition to prepare for the contest.

My dogs love to be groomed and race to get to the table first and put their feet up to try and convince me it's their turn. They will let me work on them all day if I have to. We stop for water and potty breaks. [That's me, not them lol]

I wanted to make one of my doodles into a triceratops the other day. His head looked just like that in the middle of his grooming. Too bad I was just getting him ready for a CERF eye test, so I thought he should show up as a doodle.
I saw this on television and the groomers were very caring and considerate of the dogs. The dogs did not seem to mind. I enjoyed it but know it would not be for my doods.
A few days ago, there was a Schnauzer getting groomed when I went to pick up the girls. He was getting a Mohawk (head only)! He really had the face for it and it looked great. The groomer felt it was a natural look for him when she groomed him for the first time, years ago. It was long enough that she could cut it down if the owner disagreed. But the owner loved it and it's been his look ever since. He looked like a tough little dog.

My parents always had their standard poodles groomed as if they were going to show. For me it was easier to look at the pompoms than those shaved toes and polish. That was too human-like and very weird.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service