DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Pictures of Mini-Golden Doodles that have been groomed - LONG post - sorry!

Hello to everyone!

I have a F1 mini golden doodle that will be a year old on May 31st.  She is a big girl, though, and has turned out not so "mini."  She is about 17" tall and is almost 43 lbs! 

We have an appointment to get her summer cut on Tuesday of next week.  I have been to a couple of groomers and each time we go, we can't seem to find anyone that can get her quite right.  She usually ends up looking too much like a poodle.  After she got her first haircut at 6 months, her hair seems to be much more curly now.  She was wavy, but now is very curly.  So, it certainly does not help when they cut her like a poodle. 

This time I would like to be armed with many pictures to help explain how I want her cut.  I would love if you all could post some pictures of your favorite haircuts.  I prefer for her hair to be a little long, but know that with summer rapidly approaching and the lake season upon us, it is time to go a little shorter and have something that will keep her cool and be less maintenance on the boat.  I definitely want to keep her face shaggy, though.  Just a trim around her eyes (not her nose or bridge) and a trim on her jaws and chin to make her look freshly groomed.  ;-)  So, if anyone has any pictures of your doodle that has a trimmed up body and shaggy face, I would greatly appreciate it.  Any tips you can give me would be wonderful! 

I love seeing all of your doodles and reading all of your posts.  I can spend hours going through the different sites and pictures!  I can honestly say that I could get addicted to this site.  ;-)

Have a great night and thanks in advance for any help you can give me!  I will post a picture of her as she looks now as soon as I can get my camera to let me get the pictures off.  ;-)

--Stacey (and Lucia)

Views: 4357

Replies to This Discussion

This is a freshly groomed boy of mine. This was a pic taken for his first birthday and his first big haircut.

So pretty!  I love his color!  And his cut looks great!

Barb......did you do a scissor cut on this little guy?

Compared to my Connor, your girl seems pretty "mini" to me....Connor is 26 1/2" tall and weighs 73 lean lbs. :-) I think as the hair changes from puppy to adult, it often tends to get curlier. That happened with my ALD, Siimon, too. I really like the look of Barb's pup -- of course since she's breeder and a groomer, her dogs always look good. :-D

Here's a picture of Connor....

Awww...Connor is so cute.  Love his eyes.....

I do love Barb's puppy - that was just what I was looking for.  Now....if we can only get the groomer to do what I want. 

Barb - I wish you lived closer so you could groom Lucia for me!  :-)

I can't tell from your picture what the coat is really like.  Ned has a really thick coat that I suspect would be curly if cut short - we just never have. Here is one picture of him at about a year - it is the shortest he ever was due to matting.  We have him scissor cut.Here he is a bit longer at a bit over a year
Gorgeous!! He looks so much like my Magic!! He has a thick coat as well.....looks like the scissor cut is what I need to be working on....I just love it!

Nancy - I love Ned's cut!  So cute!  Lucia's coat is very very thick as well.  It seems to get thicker and curlier the older she gets.  We did a scissor cut the two times we have had her groomed, and we will continue to do so based on all the great comments I have read on here.  Thanks to all of you, this groomer will get lots of information from me on Tuesday as so how I want it cut and how to cut it. 

Julie, Helen and Tina, thanks so much for the information of the Groomer Instructions.  I really appreciate and it is exactly what I would like to take to her to help with the cut.  I will post a before and after picture of Lucia after her grooming appointment on Tuesday. 

Thanks again to everyone! 

There was a great link either on IDOG or goldendoodles.com that had a guide for groomers you could print out. It went into details of you checking off different parts as groom to 1" or 2", how to blend in the head to the ears,  and things like that. I am going over both sites and can't find it now. Saw it maybe a week or two ago too. If anybody knows where that is please let me know.

It was called the Doodle Do and gave 'groomer' instructions where you could check off how long you want the coat for the head, legs, etc.  I printed it out.  I think I found it on the grooming thread at DK with a link to IDOG.  I'm looking at it now, but there's no website printed at the bottom of the paper.  sorry

THanks, I printed it out (again) too. My husband loves to groom the doods and he groomed them both while I was on a trip back east. I will probably just give up on the cording of my ALD but he does look very good for summer. Of course, summer around here is no hotter than any other time of the year, but he will be fine for playing in the water at the beach.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service