DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Just had my "baby" groomed yesterday and this morning she's walking funny and acting strange.  She rolled over to show me her belly and I believe they shaved too close between her private areas and caused a bad razor burn and it's swollen.  I called the groomer and they said to use Gold Bond medicated powder when I'm not home and neosporin when I am and keep her from licking.  Does this sound correct and has anyone experienced this?  I feel terrible for her.  So bright pink and swollen.  She is just not acting right and tucks her bottom under when she walks.  She's twitching a lot too.

I usually groom her, but thought she needed a professional job, I'm so regretting it now.  Help!

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to hear this. I would use Calendula gel myself. I use it for lots of things and it's for burns. If the skin is not broken you could use aloe plant. It can sting if there's broken skin.
I think it will sting, because she freaks out when I touch it to put the neosporin on. I feel so bad for her. Do you get Calendula gel at the health food store?
This just happened to Matilda a few weeks ago. I took her to the vet to make sure that she was okay especially since it was so close to the anal glands. She prescribed Fuciderm gel and Prednisone 5mg.

The reason that your baby is tucking her bum under and probably scampering when she tries to eat and or drink is that bending down pulls on it. We had to bring the food and water up to Matilda so that she didn't need to bend over. (Watch how dogs eat and drink..their whole body moves)

I would be concerned about the anal glands and to make sure they don't absess. My vet also told me that if she owned Matilda she would NOT have someone else groom her, because this happens too often. Can you imagine if your child went to the barber and was cut???

Good luck and I hope she feels better soon.

Sandie & Matilda
Well, she's just now getting back to her happy normal self. After an expensive Vet visit she was given a shot to help reduce the severe swelling, antibiotics to reduce the chance of infection and an ointment I have to put all over her bottom area. The scabs now seem to be gone and she is able to go for walks now. Poor Baby, I won't take her there for grooming again.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service