DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Cedar turned one a couple of weeks ago & she got her first taste of snow today on the hike(I live in the sticks in the Pacific NW) .. so did I.  I had about 4 inches at my house.  I can't believe how her coat collects snow.  There were snowballs bigger than a golf ball in place & they aren't easy to remove as they are packed on the hair.  It took some time to "finger" them off.  I used warm water also, but we're talking 15 minutes or more to get it all(make that most) off.  I've put hair trimming on my agenda for the day.  I was wondering if those of you who have fought this battle have come up with any tricks.  Maybe boots are the answer, but I tried those with my last dog(golden retriever/lab mix) and they came off & they won't help with this current snowfall.

Thanks for any help or comments.

Mike & Cedar(aka -- the snow magnet)

Views: 458

Replies to This Discussion

This is Sonny wrapped in his towels after coming in from the snow the other day.

Aww! All nice and cozy!

How cute!

I just spread out a big ole thick comforter on the floor in their room and put them in there for a nap.  They are normally tired from playing anyway and they just melt while they sleep.  Sometimes I cover them up as well.

I am having simialr problems (see my profile for recent discussions and blogs). I make cooper wear a coat as she loves to roll in the snow. That protects her back. Her legs do get snowballed, and I put leg warmers on her when its really cold. Im looking at investing in boots too - we are off to the store for a fitting tomorrow. i pull off the biggest snowballs. if its not bad then I drape a towel over her. Cooper tends to lick the snow off. If its really bad, say after a hike as opposed to a play in the yard, i fill a bowl with warm water and melt them off. Cooper has long fur, but I keep the area round her paw pads very short

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service