DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

As the warner weather is approaching and I know I will have to bath Sonny more often, I was looking for some recommendations on a good shampoo and conditioner. I have seen Cowboy Magic and Ice on Ice(?) mentioned but was not sure if they were just for matts or for general conditioning. I want a conditioner that will help prevent matts and help him stay soft and tangle free. Do I need a separate condition and detangling spray?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Ali and Sonny 

Views: 2783

Replies to This Discussion

My most favorite shampoo (and I've tried many) is Best Shot's Ultra Wash. It is available @ www.groomersmall.com. You can mix it 3:1, so it goes a long way. It doesn't lather a lot, but it does great things for the coat. Also Double K Detangler/Conditioner. I put the conditioner on Simon after I've rinsed the shampoo, then use a wide-tooth comb to comb it through and make sure there are no mats or tangles. After he dries, he feels fantastic. Also the lemon leave-in conditioner Barb posted a recipe for is great to use when you brush/comb in between baths. Chris Christensen Ice on Ice and Isle of Dogs Detangler both make GREAT spray on detanglers as well. Using the lemon spray before you brush on a regular basis will help keep the coat clean and pretty much tangle-free, though. :-)

Yes it is best to have a conditioner you rinse out and a leave in spray with uv protection and detangling qualities.

My favourite one is no longer available so I am in the process of finding my new favourite, but so far have not found one that is even close to what I had. I have tried Best Shot's Ultra Wash with their conditioner and leave in detangling spray. It kept my dog's coat nice for a fraction of the time my old one did. To test it I used my favourite on the mom and the Best Shot on the daughter on the same day. Mom's coat is still very nice after 3 weeks and daugters coat only looked good for a week.

Cowboy Magic and Horse Mane 'n Tail Detangler make a shampoo as well as a detangler.  Just FYI  There is also a lemon rinse recipe roaming around here that seems to be good for curl and softness.

I have recently started using the Crown Royale products that were highly recommended to me.  The shampoo is wonderful, it has a fragrance that reminds me of fresh Rosemary, the garden herb. The Conditioner is terrific and claims to keep the coat from matting.  I have used both about three times already and am very happy with the results.  I also have the spray- on grooming spray and the detangler to use when grooming.  These products work on my dogs, I had never used them before and don't know if anyone else on DK had tried them.  They are made in Bethlehem, Pa., and I ordered them from an internet source, showdogstore.com.  They were very helpful when I called and asked questions.  The shampoo and conditioner are also concentrated and very thick, and needed to be diluted so they went further than I expected. 

Brab what was the old one you used. Have you ever tried the Tail and Mane or Chris Christensen ones?I will have to look up the other 2 mentioned. Come on DKers, everyone has to wash their doodles!
The one I like is Stazco. I stll have some, but I will run out soon. I have not tried CC but I intend to when my Best Shot is gone. I use Kelco Ultra MD  which dilutes 50:1 for a 1st soaping and then the main shampoo. I have some Les Poochs shampoo but I haven't used it yet.

I was able to find it online. I googled it and is it John Stazco? Stazco All Breed or Oatmeal shampoo?

Stazco All Breed

I know that are back on line, but I can not establish if they are shipping. I can give them my credit card number on their shopping cart page, but I cannot get any answer by email. I am reluctant to spend $400 on something that may not exist. I need to hear from someone there.

Royal treatment shampoo, conditioner and spritzes only last 2 weeks 3 is pushing it.  The spritzes freshen the coat in between bathes and last 3-4 days.  It's a little pricey, but smell so good.  Favorite fragance it coconut/vanilla and italian milk/vanilla.  It takes the same amount to groom 1 doodle as it does 4 yorkies.  Since I use a lot more adding a doodle to the mix.  I would like to find a good concentrated shampoo and conditioner to use and continue using the spritzes.  I haven't posted much in the grooming section, but follow the comments.  I too would be interested in knowing what the old brand was Barb used. 

Just looked up Royal Treatment shampoo, it is not the same as Crown Royale and reads differently.  Crown Royale is used by handlers of poodles at dog shows.  The detangler,  from my understanding, is what is used to comb

out the "teased" hair after the show.  It does have a fragrance, as well as the grooming spray, but we really

like the fragrance.  I have just finished grooming both dogs with these products and so far am quite pleased with

the results. 

Tina  THANK YOU  for locating a Stazco supplier. :)
Your Welcome.  Thanks for all the grooming tips. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service