DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

It is that time of year when many of us are getting ready to give our dogs a good summer cut.  Please share some of your summer cut photos...for us all.  Thank you.

Views: 463

Replies to This Discussion

This was Gracie Doodle's first of many summer cuts. This one was in April because it was quite warm here. Now it has turned cold again. But that's OK because she loves to be cool.

Face Shot

Hello, Birthday girl! Beautiful as ever.
LiliBear just came back from the groomer. I think she looks more poodle like with this cut and prefer her fluffy version better. Also, I need some suggestions on how to fix the ears as it looks like they are cut straight across the bottom. Oh, I should add - once again I was in trouble with the groomer as I did not prevent the mats from occurring and therefore she had to spend 5 hours on my pup. So, I need to do a better job and will likely look into purchasing more products to help prevent the mats. Here is a before and after pix. Enjoy and please send ear trimming suggestions. ~Leslie & LiliBear

From your pictures, it looks like the groomer trimmed the ears maybe not at all or very little. If she was matted, then she probably had quite a few mats around the ears. And perhaps this is why she came back from the groomer as she did. I would suggest taking some shears and cut the hair, following the outline of the ear leather. (This may be easier to do if you flip the ear over and hold the leather in your hand to protect so you don't nick any skin.) This should give you a rounder, more puppy-like look.
The hair on the ear should be a similar length to the head. Her head is quite short, so I wouldn't go that short, but the ear hair needs to be layered more. Start with that and then take a pic and we can see if anything else is required. I shave the inside of the ear. It makes the bottom of the ear hair thinner and lightens the weight of the ear.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service