DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I'm taking Jersey to the groomers for the first time tomorrow. She is just having her feet, ears and bum area trimmed up. My question is do you tip the groomer?

Views: 117

Replies to This Discussion

I usually tip 10%. Maybe that's not enough, I don't know. I just spent $70 getting Rusty shaved and his face trimmed (the shaving was not my choice, but by necessity) and I tipped the girl $7.00.
I'll be curious what the going rate should be though!
Actually, I probalby should have tipped more. I used to be a 20% tipper, but in tough times I scaled back, but you're right, you want to keep these groomers happy. I'm going back to my more generous self next time. It really is hard to find a good groomer, just like it is to find a good hair stylist. It's worth every penny when the dogs look great! Glad she came out looking good!
Hi Angie & Jersey- I usually do when I get Ruthie done. I tip according to what I had done and if I like the cut. Hope this helps.
oh no!!!! I never even thought of that! I feel so awful now - I have NEVER tipped Allie's groomer. I guess it would be just like getting our hair cut - we tip our hair dressers. I guess I will have to over-tip next time!!!!!
Jersey: Good luck with your first trip to the groomer! Jennings went for the first time in December (at almost 10 months), just for what you are going in for, and a little off "the top". Even though it wasn't a full-grooming, the charge (and this is Boston) was $70, and I gave the guy a $15 tip because he did EXACTLY what I requested (to leave him looking like a Golden!) and he gave me some good tips regarding brushing. Jennings also had a great time there (lots of other dogs to play with), so I was happy to have him busy for a couple of hours. Woof! :) Margot
Shaving is safer where you need to be near the skin on the privates. Some scissor work is usually needed on the 'pants'.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service