DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hey everyone, i just cant seem to decide whether or not i should get my puppy trimed for the summer. She is 16 weeks and she had pretty thick hair. I do notice she pants a lot when its warm outside, i spritz her with water, im just wondering if anyone has thought on grooming a puppy for the summer and if it is a good idea what would i tell the groomer i want? scissor cut or clippers? :S

this picture was a couple weeks ago and her hair has gotten longer since then already. But that is the texture

Views: 2452

Replies to This Discussion

here is a picture of Ollie (a wool coat) cut at the same length on the body with scissors cutting on the legs

This is the face cut i think she will look good in for a short look, because its already pretty similar to what she has now and still looks like a puppy

aww that is a cute picture.  where did you find that one?  Cubbie needs his face trimmed and I really like how that looks.

Very cute! I actually prefer the muzzle shorter simply because it is so much less messy.  This is a great example of a short, yet still shaggy look for the face.  I need to give Rooney's face a trim and this is helpful for me to look at before I get started. Thanks!  

Good luck with your puppy trim!

now im going to give her the picture of this cute little face! but i would also like to write a description (because i wont be there)

So no shaved muzzle on the face, and is there anything else i should say in order for her face to be cut similarly to this picture. Can anyone tell what length the face in the picture above is around?

definately take in photos! Stress you dont want the muzzle shaved!

will do! thanks:)  im acually kind of stressed because they specialize is poodles and bichons, but hey, it has to be better then going to pet smart and getting someone who has no idea about the labradoodle coats. She has 4 standard poodles of her own, so i just have to make sure i (in a very polite way not make her look like a poodle) not sure how ill pull that off yet :P    i think pictures are really the best option.

I think that it all about communicating with the groomer and not necessarily about where the groomer works.  We found a great girl who did a wonderful job with Cubbie and she worked at Petsmart.  When I got Ollie, I decided that it would just be so much cheaper for me to do the two dogs myself.

could anyone tell me what kind of coat Chloe has? wavy fleece?

And this might be a stupid question but if it is fleece as a pup will it be fleece as an adult or could it turn to wool?

she's BEAUTIFUL!!   Her coat is identical to my Coco's....he's chocolate/chestnut brown.   I'm in N. Florida and it was 96 yesterday and even he didn't want to go out for a walk.....just out to 'p&p', then back inside....I'm leaning towards a shorter cut, for his benefit and comfort.....I know I can't do it, as he will NOT sit still, even with gobs of treats, for me to get around his face.....I've got to find somebody.

She looks amazingly like my Bayley, except that Bayley has jet black eyes. She is 6 months old and I am taking her to the groomer tomorrow for her first cut. I love her look right now, but with the swimming in the creek and running through the weeds, I'm hoping for a little less maintenance. I'm leaning towards a 2 inch body and 3 inch legs. I'm very anxious to see the outcome. I have a couple of photos I've copied from this site that I'm taking in.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service