DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Which clippers to purchase? Andis AGC 2 Speed or the UltraEdge Super 2 Speed?

I can't find the difference between them.   Anyone with more experience wanna help me out?

I groom Motta and Miley myself and have the Oster A5 clippers and they get very hot so I want to try the Andis brand now.   The Osters work great but it's a little difficult and very slow at times. I was using a #40 blade with a #2 attachment to shave them down for summer and love it but it's so time consuming.    i'd like to try different blades....I think I want to try a #5FC or #5 blade or maybe even a #7 or #7FC...   They are not matted (or I say occasionally I find one depending on how long it has been since their last brush out)   but Miley especially gets tangles because of her curls.        

Anyone have any opinions on this as well or advise?

One more question... IF I get the # 5 or 7 or FC....   can I use them alone or with an attachment?

Views: 133

Replies to This Discussion

I have the Andis 2 speed with the standard blade and the motor works well. I can buzz through as fast as the groomer (I watch and learn through the glass sometimes at Petsmart). It will get hot but not through the plastic attachments. When we use it w/o the attachments, we hit it a couple times with the Kool spray. I do like the universal Oster attachments better than the Andis attachments. They are sturdier, come in shorter lengths and are not so sharp at the points. I do not have experience with different blades types and would love to hear opinions too. Thanks for posting.
I need to pick up some Kool Spray! Didn't know that was out there!! I might have to go get some pointers from the Petsmart window too!! They have a 15 % off coupon out starting today so I am using that to buy the clippers!
Do it! I also have been known to eavesdrop, pretending to read the fine print on dog chewies (that I would not buy - yuck - from China), listening to the training sessions at Petsmart. So far, I haven't heard anything that I haven't read in the Ultimate Guide to Doodles (or whatever that book is called) or my Hubbys fav, Puppies for Dummies.
Not that I'm cheap, but we all spend so much on our fur babies (cause we love them) that we can't afford to buy the wrong stuff. Ahh, written painfully by the woman that owns $45 worth of clipper guards and uses 2 of them :/
I had the same question when I got mine I went w the ultra edge silver ones they work great
THanks for replying. Did you post here? I guess I need to do a search (which I didn't do before posting)

By chance did you buy any other blades or do you use the attachments?
I purchase both comb sets and a 7,10,40,blade and a 3/4 inch blade was a little exp. But well worth it the 3/4fc blade leaves the hair at 1/2 in. The 3/4 is actually 3/4 inch. They helped me a lot at petedge.com
Thanks for the petedge.com website!! They are cheap! yay!! I guess I am glad petsmart said I can take the clippers back because I am!! The Andis clippers at Petsmart were 187.00 and 15% off doesn't even come close to the 134.95 petedge has them for!!! Thanks!
I also bought them online at petedge.com along w some blades and spray and saved a lot also their fresh scent shampoo and cond. Is great.......
Awesome site! Looks like I can simplify my approach with help from this co.
I feel another purchase comin' on! Thanks much
Good luck if u go through them try out that shampoo they will smell good for two weeks its great stuff. It's Orange in color and u can dilute the shampoo 7:1
I have the Oster A5 2-speed clippers and yes they do get hot. But like Sally said, the Doodles don't feel it with the comb attachment on. I am not sure what you mean when you say a #2 attachment. Mine are in inch measurements with the longest being 1 1/4 inches. If you want a 2" cut then they are not going to work I guess. I wouldn't know how to do anything longer. My Gracie Doodle usually is around 1" since we live in So. California and it is always hot! I do remember when researching clippers/blades/attachments there was something about the comb attachments only fitting up to a certain size blade. I have always used my #15 blade and my 1" comb attachment but I recently read here in DK that someone used the #40 blade with the 1" comb and it went through the hair much nicer. I tried it two weeks ago but only under the neck and ears so I didn't get a good feel for it yet. Maybe if you go back in the archives you will find what you need. This is where I learned everything there is to know about grooming and that was probably a good year ago or more when I started doing my own grooming. Good Luck!
I just tried a Andis 3/4 inch blade on my straighter doodle. It was fantastic and left me about 2 inches of coat. I am going to try it on my curlier doodes, but I know I will have to prepare the coat by table drying it to get it to work. I find the plastic extensions pop off at the worst times.
I prefer my Andis clipper, but the you have to keep checking the blade for heat. The handle stays cooler, but the blades heat up fast and should be checked every few strokes. Put the blade on your inner arm or cheek to test for heat.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service