DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My mom is 81 going on 41. She has more energy than I do - lol! She's always wanted to be able to grow her own veggies, but living in the desert (Las Vegas) makes it difficult to do. It's too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, etc. So, she created a hydroponic garden in her spare bedroom, complete with tent, lights, watering system, and is growing 100% organic veggies in the comfort of her own home! I'm amazed that she was able to grow these from seeds to beautiful plants in the middle of winter, in just 2 months. She's so happy! She can hardly wait to experiment with growing other veggies - and herbs, too.  (No, not marijuana - ROFL!)

PHOTOS TAKEN WITH MY iPHONE:

4'X4' TENT (about 6.5' tall):

100% ORGANIC, HYDROPONIC GARDEN:

BUTTER CRUNCH LETTUCE:

SWEET BANANA PEPPERS:

TOMATO PLANTS:

TOMATO PLANT'S FLOWERS

ORGANIC NUTRIENTS (NITROGEN, ETC):

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

You Mom rocks!
Ditto, very cool!
This is so neat. I've thought about greenhouses and cold frames but always too much of a project. Clearly not for your mom though. Those veggies look great.
Amazing...and I don't see any insect holes in the leaves!  ha ha  I guess pests are NOT a problem?  Stuff like this is what keeps us young.  Congratulate your mom for her hard work.  It is great to see this at 81 years!
It's funny you would mention that, Nancie. It was one of the first things I noticed, too. There are no bugs and no need for pesticides! :)
How wonderful.
Oh my goodness!  I am very impressed!
All your mom needs now are some stones or woodchips for the floor and a few chairs - how about a fountain and she could have an oasis whenever she wanted!  Seriously, this is very cool.

Yes! We should paint a mural on the walls all the way around the room .... of a botanical garden.... or a field of sunflowers... or .... LOL! :)

But seriously, she is having such a great time it makes me want to add a sunroom/indoor garden to my house!  

What a wonderful project for you mom, and all the plants look Great.!!!
Why does she need the tent? I imagine to reflect the lights and for humidity.
Yep. :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service