DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have spring fever so bad!  My garden is flowering early this year and I am thankful for that.  What signs of spring are you seeing in your corner of the world!

Views: 157

Replies to This Discussion

Your pictures are beautiful! I think we're a season ahead here. It's supposed to be 80 degrees today. Our plum tree as already dropped it's petals, daffodils have finished blooming and the blueberry plants  have blossoms. Honey bees are busy working everywhere and the dandelions are thriving!  It's crazy but I love it!

I guess we should consider ourselves lucky.  I just got back from Mac's Greenhouse and of course I could not just look.  I bought a Barbara Streisand hybrid tea rose and now need to find a place to plant it.  I also bought a few frizzle pansies and giant white petunias!  I told myself I was going to cut back on the number of pots I plant this year, but I can see that is probably NOT going to happen.

How pretty. All I have is snowdrops and a few crocuses now, which I posted in the comments section.

I saw them F - very pretty! I hope you are beginning to warm up on the East coast.

Your garden is lovely and great shot of the Robin.

I have some daffodils and weeds mostly.  Also:

Purple Leaf Plum blossom after this morning's thunderstorm.

Thanks Anne. I just love your frog in the first photo!  Our plums bloomed about 3 weeks ago and have almost disappeared in a wind storm two days ago.  Your plum blossom looks so delicate.

Your photos are beautiful Linda! I looked hard to find a doodle in the blooms, Jack's favorite place to be! The magnolia blooms here have started to shed their outer shell, so there is hope! 

Today (5/9/2015) I noticed my pink poppies under our Oak tree were in full bloom.  It seems they burst open overnight and they are huge - about 6 -7 inches in diameter.  When I fertilized my roses in April,  I also fertilized around the poppies and salvia.  I do not recall them ever being this large.  Anyone else have poppies blooming?  Any surprises in your garden?

Just gorgeous Linda, I must look for these!

Gorgeous poppy.
I tried growing them years ago but they got a wilt disease and died.

SO beautiful…..  

About 8 weeks ago, I planted two Peruvian Tulip Bulbs and then I forgot all about them.  They actually bloomed and are quite interesting.  Each bulb produced one stem with 4 flowers on top like the one above.  I am curious to see if they will divide and produce more next year.  Has anyone else had any experience with these beauties?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service