DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So I waited for the day.. so patiently ..... for that cute puppy.  Picked her up and took her home.  She was the PURRRRFECT little ball of cute-ness.  The very next day God opened up the sky and granted everyone's wish for .................... RAIN..... and it continued for .......... almost 10 days straight.  I wondered if it was a "challenge" or a "sign"......  

I bit my lip and did it.... every 3 hours in the rain (no matter how hard the rain was) with my BIG umbrella .... we were out there ........... so my little ball of fur would not have the opportunity to "fail" her potty training -- and we kept MOVING "slowly" but "confident"...... even when the thunder came.... she would "jump" a bit, but I did not speak or show any emotion or stagger my pace..... 

My neighbors have since admitted they peeked out their windows and giggled at me (EVERYONE knew I was getting a new baby) and as the rain continued ............. day after day.... they began to...... really feel sorry for me.  (the memories are quite comical now).  I faithfully continued especially when "thunder" came around.... took her out on the screened in porch to sit and watch the rain and engage PLAY with a fun toy......

But ......was it a "blessing" in disguise?  I have my FIRST dog (of many) that could care less what the weather is.   

Share your thoughts here ..... did I get "lucky" and make a difference or is it just the doodle breed that doesn't care about the weather ??? 

IS YOUR DOODLE AFRAID OR FUSSY IN THE RAIN???   

Views: 44

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, my 85 pound doodle cowers when it thunders!

Dixie Max and I met in Eastern Washington where big booming thunderstorms are rare. When we moved to Virginia and experienced the first big storm, Dixie (11 months old at the time) jumped over the 3 ft tall pen that confined him to kitchen area. I came home to find him hiding in my bedroom. Now when there's a big storm, he seeks out a house area away from windows and close to me. He's not in extreme distress but clearly no fan of loud thunder. Personally, I LOVE thunderstorms, whereas Dixie's choice is SNOW.

What's a thunder shirt?
Thanks Nancy - unusual and interesting product
Django seems to like the rain. He's not afraid of thunder either, unlike our last dog who about had a heart attack every time it stormed. Maybe it is a doodle thing?
Morgan and Maddie do really well in storms, it doesn't seem to bother them. Occasionally they will pick up their heads with a really loud boom of thunder, but they don't seem to be afraid, thank goodness. The irritating thing they do is, when I have to take them outside to potty when it's raining, Morgan will just stand there in the rain, looking up at the rain drops and seems to forget why we went outside in the first place!
Hi Jane,,Just read your story...Kai has decided yesterday he loves rain, water, drain spouts shooting water, water puddles anything wet and keeps ringing the bell to go out and play in the rain...I was walking him in the rain when everyone else was cozy in their dry, warm homes...not us we were out beating the paths...and we loved it...Wow if they only knew what they were missing..and I am 12 lbs. lighter....who knew getting a dog could make you look good even in the rain! Happy Rain Day...Jennifer ps..no thunder to speak of yet...that is a story for another time..
Hollywood could care less about the rain, thunder or lightning! She likes rainy days to just be a big couch potato! (as if she needs it to rain to play that!!)
Awww... does she want to come train mine not to be scared? I had my doberman hiding behind the recliners this week.. sigh...
Hi, I haven't posted in so long...Bridget loves the rain, and no fear of thunder. Chloe has no real fear of thunder, but will NOT go out in the rain. It was horrible when she was a puppy, and I needed to make her go out in the morning, before work. I'd pick her up and put her in middle of yard. She would walk back , literally, quickly on tip toes keeping her little feet as dry as she could. She seems to HATE the feeling on wet grass or wet slate. She loves mud puddles when she finds them at the park. And loves the river or ocean. But to this day, will hold it in for 24 hours, vs go out in the rain.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service