DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Well, finally got to talk with the Vet this afternoon.  Sophie had another overnight accident on Sunday night.  First one since she went on the meds almost 2 weeks ago.  She has also started to have some issues with her rear legs.  Seems to have a little trouble getting up.  Also a little shaky.  She is also just sort of in a daze, and it is difficult to get her to eat.   We are going to discontinue the current meds and she is going to the Vet tomorrow to spend the day so they can do some blood work and depending on the outcome of that they will decide the next steps.  The Vet is concerned with the rear leg issues and wants to do the tests for Addisons because should that be the case she doesn't want her getting into an Addisons crisis.  So, that will be the next thing she looks at.  Cushings is also a possibility and the Diabetes Insipidus is still on the table as well.  It is also possible that many of the current symptoms have been caused by the meds that she was on for the Inflammatory Bladder Disease.  So, just say a little prayer for her along with all the others on the prayers lists tonight that it is only the drugs causing these latest symptoms.

Views: 594

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't get to talk with Dr. Jenny when I dropped her off, but will do when I talk with her later today.  Thanks for the thought.  I'll take any ideas I can get at the moment.

Two times that my dogs had Lyme I never saw the tick--Deer ticks look like poppy seeds--you never see them. And lots of vets do not think to test for it.

I found two of those tiny ticks crawling on Luca just today.

This is my concern for Sophie also. 

Recently I posted the NEW invasion of Deer Ticks. Something Ohio has never experienced.  I wonder if our vets are not accustomed to seeing these symptoms. 

Can you just ask him to draw blood for Lyme's.  Your vet may think you are nuts but others are noticing the symptoms too.

Wishing the best and thinking of you everyday.

You may remember my discussion from last month and a map of the areas with statistics

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/advice-on-deer-ticks-never...

I hate to say this, but I think I may have it.  Lots of trouble walking, hip pain that makes me nuts, hard to walk once I stand up.  Leg weakness. Sometimes I wonder

Lots of doodle hugs heading your way to both you and of course Sophie who I hope is having a reaction to the drugs which will hopefully reverse very shortly.  Also wishing for answers to the original issues and good health as soon as possible.

So sorry, I hope you can get it all figured out and I hope she feels better really soon!

Poor Sophie.  We are sending our love and support for a full recovery without any other problems.

Thinking of you and Sophie, praying for all to be well.

I'll keep Sophie in our nightly Doodle prayers.  Fingers and paws crossed for Sophie. I hope you get some answers soon and that this is just the meds.

I hope you have gotten some news on Sophie. We are still holding Sophie and family in our prayers.

Thanks Linda.  We are just waiting on three separate tests to come back.  Could take up to a week (which has already been the longest week of my life).  She was able to definitely rule out Addison's though.  She does really still need those prayers though so please keep them coming.  She is a sick little girl!  It is so sad.

Hang in there Sophie!  I hope you get some answers soon.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service