DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Which would be less traumatic?  We adopted Zeke from Doodle Rescue Collective and he had been caged his whole life.  We've only had him 9 days and he is making great strides but it is going to take some time for him to be completely well adjusted.  My question is this:  I usually groom myself, I took a course.  When I've tried to brush, trim around his eyes or get the clippers near him, he fights furiously.  Which would be more traumatic, taking him and leaving him with a stranger to groom him, or forcing him to let me?   Zeke is already learning new things, such as going through a dog door, and playing with our other dog, Laya.  At times he seems like he is making great progress, but if he becomes scared  he reverts back to circling and pacing and running from being touched.  I know it is early, but I just don't want to do the wrong thing and ruin the progress we've made.

Views: 142

Replies to This Discussion

I love this idea!

Thanks, Amy - this is an idea I will look into.  After yesterday, when Zeke and I had our first battle, and he did give in and let me wash his paws (they were completely covered in mud) with constant crooning and good boying coming from me - I think we may have broken the ice!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service