DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I've noticed that most of the minis are around 22 to 25 lbs. well, my Callie, a 2 1/2 yr old multi gen australian is 16 lbs! She is and always has been a light eater and I think she was the runt of the litter, she was 7 lbs when I got her at 4 months. When I asked the breeder how much she would weigh she told me about 20 lbs. does anyone else have such a little one? Or is this unusual?

Views: 572

Replies to This Discussion

Our Josie is 10 months and 12.5 lbs. Her mom was 12 or 13 lbs and Dad 22. She is also a multi-gen (ALD). She may not be quite full grown but she hasn't changed in a couple of months, so this could be it. We LOVE her size. Very portable :)
At least I don't worry about Callie jumping over my 3 ft fence!

I know that Gail & Bailey's little one is about 18 lbs. My Daphne is 21.

Hi there Linda,

I have an 11 month old that weighs 12 #. She is adorable! She was firstborn and definitely the smallest! Her mother is small too, at 15#. I was looking at Doodle Rescue a couple months ago and they referred to an available dog as a "Petite Doodle". He was also 12#. I like that label. It fits much better than "mini" for these tiny guys.

This is Cricket

Attachments:
Adorable! And they are very long and lean! When she stretches out she can take up half the couch!

Oh my, Cricket is adorable! I have always wanted a parti-doodle. Julie, just so you know, you can add the picture right into the discussion by using the 2nd icon from the left on top of the reply box. When you put your mouse over it, it says "image". That way we can see your picture without having to click away from the discussion.

My Mini Goldendoodle is 12 lbs she is three years old. She might be classified as a "tiny" but the breeder said she was a mini.
Happy to know my dog is normal! Thanks! And she
is so cute!

They are breeding the small ones smaller and smaller.

Callie's mother was about 22 lbs and her father was actually a medium. That's why I think she was the runt.

Hershey (ALD) is almost 3 years old, 14 inches tall and weights 16 lbs 12 oz.  At 11 weeks old she was 5.5 lbs.  Hershey's mom and dad were 16.5 inches tall.  Hershey is a light eater and very athletic...she jumps over 31 inch gates.  Hershey stopped growing at 7 months.  

My Charlie is 10 months at 18 lbs.  He's smallest out of his 9 siblings.  He's got a small appetite too and he hasn't gained much weight since he was 6 months.  I'm always worried that he's not eating enough.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service