DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My doodle is 5 and 1/2 months old. Just losing his canine teeth and about 38 pounds (he is a large medium). We are training like crazy and he is a very good boy, totally plugged in taking beginning agility and advanced obedience. Tons of exercise every day. We passed our "trial" canine good citizen test and sit for the real test next month. That said, he has recently had these "episodes" of unpredictable crazy /goofy behavior. Tore down a picture my grandkids made for me that has been on the fridge forever. Went out to potty one evening and starting running laps around the yard then ran up to the porch and bonked straight into the storm door. Ran around the kitchen island, jumped on the sofa and leaped off the back of the sofa - for no apparent reason. I am assuming this is the crazy adolescent phase everyone has warned me about? It only shows up on occasion, is mostly funny, but rather perplexing. Anyone else seeing this and how long does it last?

Views: 176

Replies to This Discussion

We had a similar situation this past week. Macey, almost 8 months, has been a really, really good pup so far. One afternoon this week, I came home to find that she had torn up part of our family room carpeting and eaten the padding underneath. This is SO uncharacteristic of her, but I am chalking it up to our many, many rainy days and a lot of extra energy from not being outside and running around as much as usual. I guess this is like the terrible twos of dog years!
Willy is almost 6 months old and he and LiLi, my 8# Shih Tzu, would go crazy every night around 7 pm. I have started taking Willy for a walk every night about 6:30, and he is happy to just lay around the family room for the rest of the evening. (with only the occasional need to act out)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service