DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Albus is now 12 weeks old. I have been training him on my own through info found in books and videos. He is doing pretty well! However, with this being my first dog I seriously don't want to mess him up with my lack of experience. I checked out our local Petsmart and Petco and after looking at the classes I really don't know if they teach anything more than what I have already been doing! I have heard a lot about Doggy Dan from this site and I have a few questions. Is this only something to do when problems arise, or would it be best to implement his ideas in puppyhood? Also, is this something that is easy to cancel anytime? Is it only videos and info online? Do you get anything in the mail as well? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Views: 497

Replies to This Discussion

I personally think that Doggy Dan is wonderful.  I think that you could benefit greatly from joining and following his program with a puppy.  There is a complete series of puppy training with his little puppy Moses.  When he presented his seminar on DK I joined and stayed with him for a few months just to work on some specific issues that we had and I found it very helpful.  What I like is he has two videos, one that tells you what he is going to address and how to do it and then he show a video of it in action so you get to see what he is talking about.   You can also send him questions.  The basic premise of his program is being the "pack leader" and he shows you how to put that in place in your home with your puppy.  Like any program the key to any training with any dog or puppy is consistency.   You can get a trial of the program I believe and yes, it is very easy to cancel.  I had no problems at all cancelling and I've seen others say the very same thing.

I totally agree!  Even though my I worked with a trainer I did subscribe to the Doggy Dan Program, mostly because I was curious.  I definitely think starting with the basics that he teaches with a puppy would be great.  You can cancel anytime.  You don't receive anything in the mail, but the videos and questions/answers are very helpful IMO.

I totally agree!  I love Doggie Dan's training methods and wish all new puppy owners would take advantage of his methods.  Now is the time to do it.  BTW - Albus is a doll!

I'm really glad we did it! I felt like I had a great resource whenever I had a question- instantly at my fingertips. Being our first family pup, I was (am) always learning and curious how to do better. We started when he was three months old, and we canceled when Rip was about seven months old as I felt we had a decent handle on things. I love his leadership philosophy and their cust svc people are great and make it easy. good luck!

Dog Training with Doggy Dan was something our members responded very positively to.   You can watch the webinar we did with Doggy Dan last year...here:  Link

Another question, I am taking Piper to puppy classes and have signed up for her first obedience class with a facility that utilizes clicker training.  She is responding well to the clicker.  I was curious if the Doggy Dan video would pair well with her clicker training or not?

The one thing that you might benefit from even if you are doing clicker training as I don't think he does any clicker training is "Being the pack leader" .  He has 5 golden rules for becoming the pack leader and once you have those firmly in place the rest of the training works much better.

I subscribed for three months and started before my puppy came home. I and thought Doggy Dan was great and really helpful. The videos are so good. I must have watched them all at least 10 times. So much to learn. I cancelled after I started Abby in her puppy classes. There was no problem canceling at all. I'm sure you will enjoy him and find it well worth the cost. Good luck.

I really needed help on recall, and his training techniques work wonderfully for me.

Thank you for all of your responses. I think we will give it a try.
I just listened to his free podcast this morning on socialization. He's on iTunes. (And the kicker...I don even get my puppy for 6 more WEEKS).
Mary, that is awesome. You will be in great shape for him, and it will reduce the stress in your house knowing all these ahead of time! Good for you!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service