DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I would love to know how old your puppy was until he stopped having accidents. Wrigley is almost 12 weeks and just peed on the floor. He hasn't pooped in the house since the first week we had him. Like other posts I've read I see the signs when he needs to poop but peeing can happen in a flash. He usually goes to the door and waits if he needs to go. I had just taken him out and he didn't go so we came back inside and thought he didn't need to go....turned my back for a second and all of a sudden I hear pee hitting the floor. We tried the bells but during his play time phase he would yank and jerk them so we just took them down. He used them more for play than communicating with us. I think he's pretty well got the hang of training but just want to know how long until I don't have to watch him every second. He hasn't had an accident in probably a week.

Views: 683

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my goodness, Buddy is adorable!

YOU GUYS ARE ALL AWESOME!!! Thank you :-)

Knox was fairly reliable by 4 months, but I still never took my eyes off of him. On Father's Day, when he was exactly six months ago and accident-free for at least 6 weeks, I caught him mid-stream! I was sooooooooo mad at him! I grabbed him and he finished outside and never made that mistake again!

Pippa is 9 weeks old and it sounds like she is doing okay. I was getting frustrated because she rarely communicates to us that she needs to go out. She only whines occasionally - usually at night when she is in her crate.  She has only peed in the house 4 times and pooed inside once. We take her out constantly so she doesn't have many opportunities to go inside.  This morning she had been outside for 20 minutes with my husband and never went and then he said 10 minutes after coming inside she peed in the kitchen (we are using nature's miracle to clean up). We are trying to train her with the bells but she has only rung them when she wants to play outside. I am hoping she becomes more consistent and starts to communicate. 

Thank you for this discussion!  Our Enzo is 11 weeks and pees all the time!  Pooping in the house hasn't been too bad - only twice I think?  But he pees outside and comes inside and pees.  It's maddening.  I try to keep to a schedule, but it's a bit difficult with 3 younger kids and a puppy, to always remember.  I feel like I am not enjoying the puppy as much as I could be because I am never relaxed, always watching every time he strikes a pose, i am like, "WHAT IS HE DOING???" lol.  My husband said later we should make a "it gets better" video for puppy potty training... :-)So there is a light at the end of the tunnel, right???  

Yes it does get better.  It seems when Cocoa turned 12 weeks it just clicked with her.

Now I was bragging on her yesterday (she is now 15 weeks) that a whole week had passed with out an accident and was bragging on her. I was in the kitchen with my daughter trying to get dinner started and I walk into the carpet area conected to the kitchen and there was a huge wet spot... GRRRR

But no poops in the house in over a month now.  When she was your Enzo's ago she was having pee accidents about once a day so just a few weeks later it being about once a week is big progress to me.

One thing I would definitely check out is are your certain you are getting the scent out of the flooring? People have said that Nature's Miracle is a must. I think that puppies that go outside and then come back in and pee might be doing that where they can smell a pee spot. 

Owen drove us crazy when he was a puppy, but honestly it does end! Promise. If it didn't they wouldn't call the dog a domesticated animal. They would be like cows who are never be welcomed in the house. ;o)

OMG Bonnie your post totally made me laugh - if they couldn't be potty trained they would be like cows.. :-) 

Thanks!

;o)

My daughter always wanted a cow for a pet. The impossibility of house training was my reasoning she would accept. haha

Hi!

We are at at 1 week accident free and Henry is about 4 months old. He seems to be getting the hang of it! I think you are right on track.

Myla will be 15 weeks on Monday and the last time she had an accident in the house was two weeks ago - funnily enough, I had my two year old grandaughter on the "potty" and we were singing a song waiting for her to pee when I stepped back and Myla had peed all over the floor!  It took me a minute to figure out what had happened as I was focusing more on my grandaughter and couldn't figure out how pee got on the floor! 

As I said it's been two weeks since she's had that accident but it's also been really nice outside the past two weeks so she's been outside more (we've had a lot of rain here!) so I don't fully trust her yet BUT I'm not watching her like a hawk either which is nice!  I think we are over the hump!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service